Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

can't open VX!!

P007

Reaction score
ive got a vx berlina.

went to a mates place last night for a couple of hours, and tried to start the car when i was leaving but got the standard flat battery 'click click click'.

anyway he jump started mine with his car, and i drove home about 15 minutes.. left the car for a bit then tried to start it, it was ok.

this morning i tried to unlock the car with remote.. dead

i then tried to unlock the car with the key.. no luck!!
the key turns, but there is no action happening in locking or unlocking the door.

i've got no idea how i'm going to get into my car.. any advice?!?

VZTHUNDER

Enhanced Custom Tuned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder MY06
if you put the key in the door and turn it the appriopriot way it should unlock the doors.
if i remember correctly in my owners book to my VX it says that if the battery is flat it might not move the knobs up or down but it should still unlock

i can check this later on tonight

peak200_0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S/C Calais
ive got a vx berlina.

went to a mates place last night for a couple of hours, and tried to start the car when i was leaving but got the standard flat battery 'click click click'.

anyway he jump started mine with his car, and i drove home about 15 minutes.. left the car for a bit then tried to start it, it was ok.

this morning i tried to unlock the car with remote.. dead

i then tried to unlock the car with the key.. no luck!!
the key turns, but there is no action happening in locking or unlocking the door.

i've got no idea how i'm going to get into my car.. any advice?!?

The door key unlocks the door electricaly if you have dead flat battery you cant unlock the door with the key.

To unlock the door you need to use some jumper leads and power up the cars battery. The positive terminal on the battery is extra large so that it can be accessed from under the car you need to have long arm or you could connect the starter terminal.
Rgds Alan

VZTHUNDER

Enhanced Custom Tuned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder MY06
it does it mechanically man
when i had my battery out whilst i was doing my dash lights. i can still lock the drivers door itself
when you use the key the only electronicly operated doors are for the passengers

VZTHUNDER

Enhanced Custom Tuned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder MY06
The door key unlocks the door electricaly if you have dead flat battery you cant unlock the door with the key.

To unlock the door you need to use some jumper leads and power up the cars battery. The positive terminal on the battery is extra large so that it can be accessed from under the car you need to have long arm or you could connect the starter terminal.
Rgds Alan

this is false too. its a similar size but you wont be ale to get at it from under the car unless your a freak of some sort

look in your owners manual. it tells you that you can use the key to lock the drivers door if the battery dies

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
I locked myself out of my vx, battery off, and i shut the bonnet, i nearly broke a window, came on the forums and a thread had it that you just keep turning the key in the oppsite direction and wala ! is popped open.

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
I read a post on here over a year ago that said you had to keep turning the key and it unlocks the lock. But it apparently feels totally unnatural and you turn it past the normal point. Let us know how you go?

VZTHUNDER

Enhanced Custom Tuned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder MY06
i wouldnt believe everything here
it tells you all you need to know about your locks in the owners manual

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
turn the key to unlock, it will hit its stops, then turn it harder past its normal stop and it will open the door, it does require a little force but its the technique for the manual override

br14nh

Back in the saddle....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 wagon 5sp Manual
Well, there you go..... I have a wagon that the battery went dead flat in, I was able to just use the key to open the back tailgate, climb over the seats & pop the hood..... now I know better....