Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can't put fuel cap due to LPG nozzle

RAD1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX commodore
Hi team,
I am driving a vx Commodore 2002. which is a dual fuel one. Due to the LPG nozzle k was unable to put back on the unleaded cap and it was annoying a lot. Tried a lot of times but the surface area is pretty tight to use the fuel cap. Is here any other way to do it ? or any custom cap with smaller thread or head which can easily fit in that small area.
thx
Radwaan

RAD1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX commodore
Tried a lot of different ways, but not working at all.

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Can we see a photo of the LPG thing, I'm having difficulty understanding what you need.

RAD1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX commodore
Screenshot_20190802-013519_Gallery.jpg as u can see, due to the LPG nozzle position its very much impossible to put the fuel cap. In the picture its on but in my car i can't put it in. Due to the bigger diameter of the fuel cap, i certainty can't use it. Can i use any other method to do it. I did sand the cap of my fuel lid and it went to worse. Now its useless nd gone for good
thx
Radwaan

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Could you post a picture of your car with the LPG cap off and the petrol cap on.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
Mines exactly the same and it's a very tight fit to get it on. The only way mine goes on is to take the lpg cap off and then the fuel cap needs the raised section you hold to be horizontal, from there it's a matter of just rocking the fuel cap until it drops down and then you can tighten it. Took me a few goes to get it right when I first got the car and every now and then I struggle a little but it does go on, you just need to be pretty precise. If your still having trouble try turning it anticlockwise until it seats on the thread properly but you can only turn it slightly until the raised section hits the lpg filler and stuffs you up

RAD1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX commodore
Thanks a lot, my gas tap nozzle wasn't mounted properly and thus it was giving me trouble. So what i did instead of fighting with it, i compromised the fuel cap thread( i mean cut it and reduced 2 winding of threads). and now it is the easiest thing ever. And apologies for late response.