Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can't seem to source a leather auto shifter boot - help!

davo43

Another google mechanic
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Hey guys,

Does anyone know the part number or where to source a genuine leather shifter boot for a vz auto?? I ordered a part from Holden which was described as "4 seam, anthracite stitch, leather shift boot" and it turned up and it was vinyl - just like my executive but with 4 seams...

I'm positive my mate's VY maloo has a leather one so who what's the magic word to get one from holden?? I'm getting tired of getting the runaround...

For those who can't tell the difference, the vinyl ones have lots of raised dots all over them, have white fabric lining and are prone to splitting/perishing whereas the leather ones are (I believe) smoother, slightly thicker, have 4 seams and should look similar in appearance to the leather knobs...

Cheers in advance! :thumbsup:

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
just go ask for a monaro one, they will look up they monaro parts list and they only came in leather, so there will only be the one part number.

or look up a holden by design catalogue, it will have it in there

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
now known as hsvi

mmmm sort of but not really.. you cant go ask for a VZ hsvi catalogue now can ya......cause there is no such thing

all those type of parts will still have HBD stamped on them

davo43

Another google mechanic
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I'm assuming that even monaro had different stitching colours etc?? Apparently even when they plug a VIN into the system it still gives them options that aren't even available on that vehicle... :bang:

If I can get a part number I can waltz in and make a demand... I'm so sick of banging my head against a brick wall trying to get help finding stuff... They act as though it's such an imposition and they're doing you a favour when people like you are actually keeping them in a job...

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Talk to NVU - a fella called Chris. He's a good guy, they get a load of excess NOS (New Old Stock) stuff direct from Holden and HSV - if he hasn't got exactly what you want, he has some good contacts he can chase up as well. I'm not sure of his number, but his website has contact details.

That that incorrect on back to Holden and get a refund, then deal with someone who knows what they're on about. ;)

BTW - NVU is here http://www.nvu.com.au/