Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cant select 'p' park

somerandom

Reaction score
put new box in, and what a surprise ... it will not select PARK, its like the lever is jammed.. selects every other gear fine, we changed and adjusted the bar on the gearbox(selector bar on the box itself, not the T!) and still no luck . could this gearbox be stuffed?

cracker

Reaction score
mine does the same, its something to do with something called the pewaul adustment or pin or some such **** id LOVE to know how youv fixed it though!

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
You sure the plate that has "P, R, D" etc etc on it, just need to be adjusted?

Or will the car actually NOT go into park? If the car goes into park, then pull the shifter surround up and take the plastic plate and move it up a bit until the white square is inline with whatever gear it's in or reverse etc.

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
put the car up on stands, hand brake on and select 1 on the shifter and get under the car.
now undo the adjuster bolt at the REAR of the shaft.
Push the shaft further forward and feel for a click.
if you feel one then do up the djuster bolt and all done.
if not click then move the shaft and and count how many clicks there are.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
mine does the same, its something to do with something called the pewaul adustment or pin or some such **** id LOVE to know how youv fixed it though!

Mine also does this from time to time, when i pull up it wont go into park. If i turn the car off, then it goes in to park fine.......Wierd......:whistling But i'll never getit fixed, because "one" day, there will be a manual in there:thumbsup: