Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Capa 5l Sc kit question

WhyallaVp

Vp Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Clubsport
Howdy,

Recently purchased a capa 5l sc kit secondhand. I was told it was the 10psi kit and judging by the pulley size (and comparing it to wagon wheel's) that should be right.

With the kit came a 'water injection' setup. I'm just wondering if anyone else has recieved this with their kit, as it doesnt state anything about 'water injection' on the capa website.

Basically it's a washer bottle and pump feeding a jet (similar to ones found in a carby) that is fed into the INTAKE pipework but only activated when manifold pressure is > than 6psi.

I'm not really sure, but feeding water into the supercharger intake doesn't seem like the smartest idea as it could possibly affect the internals?

So basically, can i run this 10psi kit safely, day in day out, WITHOUT water injection?
If i can, could it hurt to set it up anyway into the INTAKE side pipework?

Cheers in advance!

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
you dont need to connect the water injection but it is good, i dont think you should put it b4 the charger tho as i would put it between the charger and t/b.

water injection helps keep the intake temp cooler and can in a way keep the engine internals cleaner

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
you dont need to connect the water injection but it is good, i dont think you should put it b4 the charger tho as i would put it between the charger and t/b.

water injection helps keep the intake temp cooler and can in a way keep the engine internals cleaner

this is what we were thinking, but i was abit against runing the injection to close to the t/b. i woulda prefered to give it time to vapourise properly.

have since spoken to cappa and they said its fine to run it on the inlet side of the charger, as its how they set theirs up, and is where its meant to be in the kit.

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
if thats where they say they put theirs then go for it, i just wouldn't like the water going thru the charger thats all.

i was after info on water injection a while ago and did a lot of reading on it, theres a link in this thread for some reading.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/general-discussion/72959-water-injection.html

yeah mate im the same as you. didnt like the idea of it, but really it cant go anywhere else, the outlet of the charger isnt long egnough IMO to atmoise the water vapour egnough before entering the motor.

but weil go by what cappa say and set it up how they set theirs up, seems to work for them :thumbsup:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you dont have the battle of forcing water against pressure on the inlet either if its in the boost side you get less water as the boost rises hence why its on the inlet side

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
you dont have the battle of forcing water against pressure on the inlet either if its in the boost side you get less water as the boost rises hence why its on the inlet side

makes sense, cheers. :thumbsup:

Smallies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 3.8/ VN Calais 5.0/ VY Wagon
Lachie didnt half take over the thread. lol