Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CAPA Supercharger SV6 (is it really worth it)

Nightfox187

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SV6
Hey guy there is prob 50 post out there on the capa superchargers... but I want to know is it really worth it for $7000 with the intercooler I got the money been saving for about 4 mouths now and DONT WANT A V8!... I'm keen to be driffent and give them big boys a run for there money!

The car has full xforce exhaust including headers all Stanless and mace cams

THANKS Cameron

calvv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE Calais V v8
IMO....Nope, Leave it Standard

Its a shame you dont like the V8s...Its a 3.2 V6 and i dont think the "big Boys" will be too concerned even if you did put a blower on...

Each to there own i guess but id save ya coin..:beer chug:

Nightfox187

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SV6
Lol yer mate i was guessing that just wanted to make sure befor I drop 7k on It. Thx mate saved me a lot of money I Def save up for a V8 L98 is a good engine yes?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Seems like the perfect thread for this beauty :p

Ok - the complete P plate FAQ

Q. How do I make my eco/alloytec sound like a V8?
A. You can't. Get a V8

Q. How do I legally get more power out of my eco/alloytc
A. You can't

Q. I just got busted trying to break the land speed record down the M1. The police got the time 15min wrong on the ticket - can I get out of it?
A. No

Q. Why not?
A. Coz you are a douche

Q. Does metallic blue/green/red look good on the silver bits of my VT interior?
A. No

Q. I'm modding my Eco/Alloytech to be different
A. No probs - just like all the rest who mod their Eco/Alloytech

Q. Where can I get suspension that will give me a nice ride, handle great, not scrape speed bumps and still be dumpt to the weeds?
A. Unicorn's mythical speed shop

Q. If I fill my eco with wood will it go faster?
A. Some say it will

Q. I've pumped $17k into my stroked L67 but my mates cammed LS1 that cost about 1/3 was just as quick
A. Well you wanted to be different....

Q. I pulled off some of my mufflers/resonators and got done because my car is too loud. How to I make it quiet enough so the police won't notice but loud enough that everybody else will?
A. Unicorn's mythical speed shop

Q. How do I get a 12 second 1/4 mile but I still want good fuel economy coz I'm only a 2nd year
A. Go buy a VP V6 Commodore - fastest thing on wheels as long as it has a P plate showing

Q. My stock as a rock VP V6 used to beat everything on the road but now it's not even close. Why?
A. Your P plate fell down

Q. Why is my V6 VN sooo much faster than every other car on the road? I think it used to be an Ex Police general duties patrol car
A. Cop chip.

Q. How many more rwkw will I get from doing the bellmouth mod on my VN?
A. More than you could ever imagine. Matter of fact you just gained 15rwkw by just thinking about it

Q. So I came around a corner at somewhere between the speed of sound and light but somebody had left ice and oil over the road and I skidded off into the gutter. Clearly it wasn't my fault but now the wheels are all bent and pointing at crazy angles. Do you think if I pumped up the tires everything will be ok?
A. Everybody has to have a dream

Nightfox187

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SV6
Lol love the post mate very funny :)! The funny thing is im 23 and on my opens :p

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
You will notice the supercharger more than any other mod, as in if you do a cam and lots of other ****, the supercharger will still be the best single mod you can do & it will still **** on all those other mods. So yes it is worth it.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Jeez that was a quick turn around between I don't want a V8 and now I do.

B-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Calais S2
well put your p plates back up and buy a vp v6 then, fastest thing on wheels apparently

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Money better spent on a turbo kit will end up with a much faster car than sidemount charged