Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CAPA supercharger - VY Ecotech

lukeyVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Executive 2
Got a quote the other day for $5,500 fitted, will probably need a fuel injection upgrade and definately a good exhaust to squeeze as much power out of the thing.

Does anyone have one of these CAPA superchargers in they're VY ecotech? just wanted to know if they are any good or not. THanks.

Benjamin K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais V6 Supercharged
Got a quote the other day for $5,500 fitted, will probably need a fuel injection upgrade and definately a good exhaust to squeeze as much power out of the thing.

Does anyone have one of these CAPA superchargers in they're VY ecotech? just wanted to know if they are any good or not. THanks.

May want to drop the compression a bit, that is if you want the engine to last. How many K's has the engine already clocked up? If it's high an ecotec wont last much longer once boosted.

May also want to look at a set of roller rockers to get some better power out of the charger, get a set of l67 injectors and a decent exhaust and your ready to roll.

lukeyVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Executive 2
Yeah, so ive been told, its done 150,000k's atm, was thinking of running it into the ground then rebuilding the whole bottom end. I got the whole exhaust replaced (headers cats pipe mufflers.) though i may need larger pipe mines only 2 1/2in might need to go 3in.. :bang:

Benjamin K

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, so ive been told, its done 150,000k's atm, was thinking of running it into the ground then rebuilding the whole bottom end. I got the whole exhaust replaced (headers cats pipe mufflers.) though i may need larger pipe mines only 2 1/2in might need to go 3in.. :bang:
May be cheaper just buying a complete L67 block, Not sure what a re build price would be but I'm guessing that would be the cheaper way to go, but guess it all depends on your budget, however from all accounts I've heard an L67 is a tough little motor.

Plus you get an M90 to serve as back up.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
May be cheaper just buying a complete L67 block, Not sure what a re build price would be but I'm guessing that would be the cheaper way to go, but guess it all depends on your budget, however from all accounts I've heard an L67 is a tough little motor.

Plus you get an M90 to serve as back up.
You've heard the L67 is a tough motor? DUDE, you DRIVE one! But yes, they are a tough motor.

As for the Eaton M90 statement, what are you saying? You mean the M90 is a backup for the ecotec engine? If so, go search for my post somewhere in this forum about what the L67 has differently to the ecotecs (in a topic about removing a supercharger). The L67 has re-designed a fair bit, it's not as easy as bolting an M90 straight onto an ecotec! Also, the PCM would have to be changed over.

lukeyVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Executive 2
Would it be a hassle getting the LS7 into my existing engine bay? or would if just slot in like the L32? If so id rather go an extra mile and chuck a JZ2 in :whistling

Benjamin K

Reaction score
Members Ride
You've heard the L67 is a tough motor? DUDE, you DRIVE one! But yes, they are a tough motor.

As for the Eaton M90 statement, what are you saying? You mean the M90 is a backup for the ecotec engine? If so, go search for my post somewhere in this forum about what the L67 has differently to the ecotecs (in a topic about removing a supercharger). The L67 has re-designed a fair bit, it's not as easy as bolting an M90 straight onto an ecotec! Also, the PCM would have to be changed over.
Well I was talking if he really wants the cappa charger. But just realised he'll have the M90 so he wont need it....

About it been tough, haven't had my car that long yet so can't talk from self experience...