Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Caprice V and the Calais V What Door material used inside

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Well I clean (better still my Daughter done a GOOD JOB) my seats with CCP Leather Cleaning and used leather conditioner so thats done 100% but stopped dong the Doors as I dont know the Material used.
1/Doors: I think the arm rest where the windows and the mirrors controls are in are in. It looks like Leather.

2/ That Cream side bit on the Doors around the middle of the doors of the car + on the front of the dash too. What material used (don't think its leather) so whats material is it.

3/ Doors: The Very Very top of the doors when you hang and rest your arm out of the Window. Yes I know the cops can book you for this but I want to find out WHAT MATERIAL IS THIS SECTION UP THE TOP.

4/ Doors : The bottom of the Door where the compartment is right down the very bottom what material is this, look similar like Item 3/ up the Very top.

5/ Friggin Hell that silly white strip on the seats (what was holden thinking) from the botton to the top of the seat (middle of the seat) Its not leather as if you clean it with leather cleaner some very slight material come off.

Give you a link for what I'm talking about. Click on the car itself them select the photo that shows you the rear Door.

Caprice V

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/de...79224&gtsViewType=topspot&rankingType=topspot

Calais V

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/de...76319&gtsViewType=topspot&rankingType=topspot

Once again Thanks all.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Found this
>> Leather trim is of a higher quality, being both softer to touch and perforated more finely

>> Suede inserts are used for the first time across the dashboard, doors and seats in sport luxury and luxury sport trims

Yes the Material Suede is a pig to Clean + the middle strip on the seats is Suede also.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
It's not suede. It's alcantara. 100% synthetic. Easy to clean too. Just be gentle, brushing softly in one direction. With a gentle cleaning solution. Be GENTLE!! DO NOT put leather cleaner anywhere near it! Once clean, use a scotch guard type product to protect it.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
been wondering how to clean my seats, i'm lucky enough the alcantara strip on my seats is dark but it still annoys me somewhat as i don't know what can and can't touch it.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
been wondering how to clean my seats, i'm lucky enough the alcantara strip on my seats is dark but it still annoys me somewhat as i don't know what can and can't touch it.
At this stage I haven’t had the misfortune of any alcantara getting too grubby but I find Bowdens Fabra Cadabra dabbed on (no scrubbing of course) using Bowdens square bear applicator works for me.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
At this stage I haven’t had the misfortune of any alcantara getting too grubby but I find Bowdens Fabra Cadabra dabbed on (no scrubbing of course) using Bowdens square bear applicator works for me.

do you do this before or after cleaning and treating the leather?

like the OP I bought stuff from CCP.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
do you do this before or after cleaning and treating the leather?

like the OP I bought stuff from CCP.
Sorry I don’t have the leather...SV6 & SS seats only have the ‘pleather’ type bolsters on which I use the Fabra Cadabra gently on it all. Yeah bigger issue would be treating the leather correctly.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
It's not suede. It's alcantara. 100% synthetic. Easy to clean too. Just be gentle, brushing softly in one direction. With a gentle cleaning solution. Be GENTLE!! DO NOT put leather cleaner anywhere near it! Once clean, use a scotch guard type product to protect it.
Thanks for that eeeeeek!!!!! I used leather cleaner Gyeon Q2M Leather Cleaner Mild and Gyeon Q2 leather coat all from CCP. Yes went over the alcantara.
What it the Hell holden was thinking about put this alcantara in the middle of leather. Cant understand why holden have this Strip in the middle of all seats, fair enough for the doors and the dash but the seats?
Tell me what damage I would have done to that alcantara strip on the seats using Gyeon Q2M Leather Cleaner Mild from CCP. (PS I always leave at least 2 days before sitting on the seats to allow stitching to dry.
Info on alcantara
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcantara_(material)

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
too grubby but I find Bowdens Fabra Cadabra dabbed on (no scrubbing of course) using Bowdens square bear applicator works for me.
interesting!!

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Right!!!
After speaking to my Daughter my Daughter told me when she found the Leather cleaner was damage a very small section of this Alcantara (she tested first) strip when she started doing it she stopped and cleaned the leather seats without touching that Alcantara strip again. She cleaned on the edge of it.
Now I have to buy more stuff from CCP but this time I will wait because my Daughters boy friend shares a flat with one of the guys that works for CCP.
Yeah, coincidence.