Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Caprice washers

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Don't forget that the Chev SS lights are built for cars driving on the right hand side of the road so the light "kick up" will be on the wrong side if retrofitting to a Holden. That is, you will blind oncoming traffic.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I'm just going to slam dunk this one into the too hard basket. My lights are fine anyway. But, if they weren't, a couple of grand to upgrade to self-levelling and directional HID's would probably be quite reasonable. See, my Wife's new Astra RS-V had self-levelling and directional HID's as an option. At $2,000, I talked her out of it. Having driven the car at night on country roads, including in the rain, I'm now kicking myself. The stock lights are manually adjustable, but nonetheless pretty woeful. She hasn't complained, so I'm just going to let sleeping dogs lie for now, as it's only a town car for her.
As an aside, the Astra RS-V is a great little car and full of great kit. Goes really well too. I do like the touchscreen with Android Auto etc. But, TBH I don't know what all the fuss is about. It's really no great step-up from Mylink, which I've personally never had any issues with. Sorry, I digress.

OP, did you find where to plug the hose back in?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Don't forget that the Chev SS lights are built for cars driving on the right hand side of the road so the light "kick up" will be on the wrong side if retrofitting to a Holden. That is, you will blind oncoming traffic.
Yes that's true and i should have mentioned such. It's a simple part that needs to be modded but no idea how difficult it is to dismantel the headlights... guess it's very apple like and glued together.

John Revill

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.2L A6
Cool! Can these HID headlamps and washers be cross fitted to a VF?
The Caprice VN headlights will not fit the VF. The headlight closely resemble the VE headlights. The b
20180302_165901s.jpg
lack trapezoid to the right of the projector in this picture is where the water jet comes from.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Guess you'd need a caprice donnor bonnet, fenders, front bar, lights, wiring, control module, washer pump & piping, wiring and many many other bits including some likley difficult BMC mods to rertofit caprice hid headlights to our VF's.

In any case, it still wont comply with road rules as VF's never had HIDs to begin with so you'd need to go get engineering certification... I can see why people simply ignore the rules and stick HID globes into their projectior headlamps though i can't bring myself to do that (yet :eek:) :rolleyes:

bsmith83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 ve berlina sedan v6/4a
The hose for my left headlight washer has disconnected. Will this require the front bar to come off so the hose can be reconnected or would I be able to fix it by lifting the front up and taking the under tray fascia off the. trying to reattach by reaching up?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
The hose for my left headlight washer has disconnected. Will this require the front bar to come off so the hose can be reconnected or would I be able to fix it by lifting the front up and taking the under tray fascia off the. trying to reattach by reaching up?
Don't know but I'd try the following: first loosen the front left wheel nuts, then jack up the left front and put on axle stands so you can then take off the front left wheel. Then take off the wheel tub lining so you are able to have a squizy at the rear of the headlamp and do what needs to be done.

I'd guess that should work and it's easier than working under the car...