Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

caps lock time

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Sounds like you need to improve your act. You have an LS1 and you dont even know the code for the oil filter, surely you should leave the demanding task of putting the right oil in it and the correct filter to a mechanic, but you expect some teenager that doesnt even drive to know every engine oil filter combo for every car in Australia?
Only an idiot would change the oil without double checking they had the correct filter.

yeah torch, you're right..

I mean ****, go read my thread about my HOME BUILT VN LS1. It's pretty obvious I've NO idea what I'm doing when it comes to this stuff.

Assumption fail.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
id rather sam as a customer than the usual "what sort of car do you have?" "a white one" type of customer.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Sounds like you need to improve your act. You have an LS1 and you dont even know the code for the oil filter, surely you should leave the demanding task of putting the right oil in it and the correct filter to a mechanic, but you expect some teenager that doesnt even drive to know every engine oil filter combo for every car in Australia?
Only an idiot would change the oil without double checking they had the correct filter.

theres plenty of car owners that do their own oil changes, yet dont know the filter part number, and theyd sure have something to say about it if you asked them why they dont(think verbal abuse to the max!!). its not a requirement for working on your own car. ls1 v8s are a very common engine in australia, id expect an employee at a parts store to have a basic knowledge of common parts for common vehicles.

its easy enough to not double check the part number of a filter that SHOULD be right, when you;ve given the correct details, when you're in a rush to get a job done.

the sales guy managed to stuff it up even when being given correct details. either he looked at the wrong line(this is probably the case, since he asked if it was supercharged), or he grabbed the wrong filter off the shelf.

torch

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
the sales guy managed to stuff it up even when being given correct details. either he looked at the wrong line(this is probably the case, since he asked if it was supercharged), or he grabbed the wrong filter off the shelf.

Yeh, sure, stuffs up happen and unfortunately as has been pointed out this is not an isolated occurence.

Really, the only point to this thread is to highlight to people to check that they have the right part before getting half way through a job and being left out on a limb,

All the tut, tut, whingeing about incompetent sales people in the auto industry isnt going to fix anything.

If you are going to work on your own vehicle and dont want your time wasted, by going back to change parts, have your oil change compromised by using the old filter etc,
then you have to take on some responsibility yourself: take the time and effort to make sure you know the part numbers and have check have the right ones before leaving the store.

If that is too hard, then expect that eventually you too will be on the wrong end of another wrong part/ idiot salesperson story.