Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

caps lock time

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
in the mood to have a mini rage

WHY THE #### ARE SO MANY PEOPLE IN THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY SO ####ING INCOMPETENT? IT'S YOUR ####ING ONE JOB, GET IT RIGHT pingpingpingpingS.

Usually use Veales in Midland, but went to Repco today because I had a fair list of **** to buy and they did a Defence discount for me the other day..

So I bought a couple hundred worth of **** at Repco, in among that was an oil filter suit LS1.

I asked for an "oil filter for an LS1"

is it a V8? (are you ####ing serious?... you're fired right there. You don't know what an LS1 is and you work in a parts store.. yeah OK, only in Midland I suppose.)

"yes."

what series is it?

"it's VX, but they should be all the same."

is it supercharged? (.... wtf? this should have rung alarm bells, but I didn't think this guy was that retarded.)

"no"

*finds oil filter, takes money, prints receipt.

also, apparently they don't do a ADF discount here .. even though I was given one no problems on Saturday at the same store.. interesting. I thought Repco was fairly standardised nationwide. should have gone to Veales.

anyway

yep OK, win. Off to get a pile of other ****, deal with other idiot staff here there and everywhere, and finally home to start work.

So it's 8.30 at night and I get around to my oil change.
car up
dump oil
dump filter
new filter on....... wtf? Z154... you ####ing idiot, RepcoMan. This is a V6 filter.

New bottle of HPR15 pumping through a filthy oil filter that just cleaned 3yrs of weather corrosion out of the guts of a motor.... awesome. (Had no choice but to put the old filter back on since I have **** booked on the car first up in the morning)

Same day, Pedders Midland Takes best part of an hour to tell me my rack ends are ####ed, which is what I had already told them I thought the problem was. I didn't need a ####ing suspension check, I should have been more clear on that. They give the usual run down of 1000 things they say are ####ed that are actually most likely fine.

two examples:

steering rack leaks. - really? leaks less than any VN I've ever seen... that is to say, it's dry and silver and might as well be new.

front sway bar links need replacing. - An interesting development. I asked why, they are HD links and are fine.. He says "they are old and worn out".. I said no, actually, the bushes on them are ####ed but the links are a whole 4months old, brand new out of a box.. checked them out tonight.. no wear on them.

Is it so hard to find people who are good at what they do and won't #### you around in this industry? Today was the straw that broke the camel's back for me, after the epic saga with buying a manifold from over east that never arrived, my cam/lifters/springs falling through from the states, a massive head#### of the CAE conversion parts.. the list goes on.

/super pointless rant

Of course, at the other end of the spectrum are the people you meet who do the right thing all the ####ing time.

examples I dealt with today
Mitch @ WAPerf
Chris @ Ian Diffen Midland
Craig, Clive, Steve @ Tony's Auto Wreckers
random super helpful guy @ Jaycar, Midland.

Massive ####ing thumbs up for those guys and everyone else out there like them. You are like a ####ing beacon of awesome in an industry that seems to be becoming increasingly clogged up with the scum of the earth.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
So............**** day?

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Ahh mate, I've gotta agree aye.

Some useless ####ing pricks in this industry. I had the same issue with the LS1 oil filter .Well not the same but similar asked for an LS1 filter and the dick asked me if it was the chev motor. I JUST GAVE YOU THE ####ING ENGINE CODE, TYPE IT IN ASS HAT!
So I said no, and he couldn't help me... Said to the manager that I wanted an LS1 oil filter and he came back 30seconds later.

WHY DO THE EMPLOY AUTOMOTIVE RETARDS???

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
Does the govt pay for their dribble bibs as well?

I would safely assume so. Since apprentices get a tool allowance. Would only seam fair.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Funny story on that one.
I asked an apprentice to get a spanner for me once, He called the other Apprentice. I fuggin pissed myself. Epic call from the young bloke.