Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

captiva series 1 sub

08ve omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega
So i decide to go ahead with a install on my captiva instead of a sedan. Their are so many things going through my mind. how do i get the panels off to reach the hu's back. Does the lx series 1 Hu have a rca input build in the head unit or not, this is a pretty expensive car when i bought it so only quality amps and subs will go in.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The silver trims on either side of the head unit simply unclip with a small flat blade screwdriver (but be careful not to break the retaining clips). Once those trims are off, I think the retaining screws for the H/U will be revealed. (Don't quote me though. All I have ever found on the internet was how to remove those side trims.) Can't help re RCA inputs.

08ve omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega
The silver trims on either side of the head unit simply unclip with a small flat blade screwdriver (but be careful not to break the retaining clips). Once those trims are off, I think the retaining screws for the H/U will be revealed. (Don't quote me though. All I have ever found on the internet was how to remove those side trims.) Can't help re RCA inputs.

will give it a go this weekend

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
if it's the headunit i'm thinking of, my mate just did a setup on his wifes series 1 captiva and he had to buy a cable pack off ebay
it came with various different extra harnesses for sub outputs, gps, etc....