Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Captivity

Searoll

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 vn, low and slow
Anyone know if the stock shocks and strut in the front of 1991 vn commodores will hold a ultralow king spring? As I would like to go lower but I would like my car safe because my partner drives it
Cheers :)

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
your front springs wont fall out man they physically cant as such and they will only flop around (if not captive) when its jacked up and the suspension is let to fully hang. Chances of getting into a situation on the street is fairly slim unless you plan on doing jumps.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
The springs won't go anywhere but your shocks will bottom out. So you'll get a thud every time you go over a speed bump. Best to get some shortened struts otherwise it will Piss you off to no end.

Searoll

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 vn, low and slow
Do they make aftermarket shortened struts or do I have to buy some stock Vn ones and send them away to get them shortened?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
they sell them. Just ask for struts for a lowered VN.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The shocks can't bottom out as the spring will bind up first. Doesn't matter how low you go, the physical size of the spring, even when fully compressed, is still taller than the compressed length of the strut shaft.

The spring has 6 coils, the coils are 18mm diameter, that gives a compressed height of 108mm, if you were to push the strut shaft all the way in, it will not stick out 108mm.