Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car acting real weird

Curran

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Kingswood, VT Berlina
so where to begin, i have a vt berlina that just doesnt like starting i can get in it of a morning it will start fine drive into town (15 minute drive) and when i get there turn it off and go to turn it back on straight away and get nothing. just starter motor clicking. my first instinct was dead battery so chucked a jumperpack on it and tried to start it. got the car to turn on but after 5 or so seconds the car turns off by itself. other times i wont have to do this at all it will start like it normally would and can go maybe a week without any of this happening. now for the tricky part. bout 3 months ago i cracked a windscreen from top to bottom so got that replaced. when i got the car back my central locking wasnt working. took the car to my mechanic and he told me that the people that installed the windscreen have cut the wire from the receiver in the dash, finally took the car back to windscreen place and they want another $200 to get another windscreen incase they break the new one i have in the car and i also have to pay for an auto electrician to come and fix the wire they cut. now what im wondering is would this wire have anything to do with my car not starting properly coz to me it seems like its the immobiliser doing it all. any help would be appreciated

VX Exec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
Tell the windscreen place that its their problem. They f**ked it so they can pay to fix it. Definitely sounds immobiliser related, most likely not kicking over the fuel pump.

Curran

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Kingswood, VT Berlina
hahah yeah definitely have been back there hence why i haven't got it fixed in 3 months

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Is your remote locking/unlocking working?

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
If its not starting hot could be the CAS (crank angle sensor). Sounds like a typical CAS issue to me. Try keeping a bottle of water with you, and pouring it behind the harmonic balancer where the sensor is. If after cooling it down it starts thats your problem.

Curran

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Kingswood, VT Berlina
Nah my remote unlocking doesn't work. Cleaned battery terminals an. Clamps and still doing it. Will take a water bottle with me next time it does it and try that

Curran

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Kingswood, VT Berlina
water didnt solve it and it still doing it :(

wod300

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Berlina Supercharged 3.8
Make those pr@#ks remedy their incredibly stupid mistake. Sounds like you'll need an auto sparky to fix the wire. Then send the idiots the bill.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4