Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Alarm

jhomsie92

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Hi,

Recently purchased a 2005 Holden VZ Lumina, it has a fitted security alarm system.

When you press 'Lock' on the wireless remote, the indicators flash then the horn sounds about 3-6 times. I read that you can lock your car without it sounding the horn by going into the Mode settings & selecting 'Indicators' not 'Indicators & Horn'

However, after selecting the 'Indicators' on the main switch board, I lock the car, all seems fine - no horn, just the indicators flash.

Start the car, turn it off, get out, press 'Lock' and the horn once again sounds.... I've tried everything I can think of.....

Any ideas or help? Would be appreciated, thanks!

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
are you sure its not the car telling you the door isnt shut properly? Take it back for your dealers warranty if you bought it from a dealer, otherwise have a look around the door lock underneath the door skin and hit it with some contact cleaner or wd40.

jhomsie92

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Tested all the doors, boot, e.g. everything is closed and shut properly. & yeah its from a dealer, got 3years warranty. thanks for the advice!

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
If it was setting off the front horn and not the engine compartment horn (alarm).

Go to connector X1 terminal 17 on the BCM. Cut it. Problem solved.