Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car alarm!

dlaps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II EXEC
Hey everyone,

Ive got a 97 vs exec currently has no alarm what so ever and im starting to get a bit paranoid so an alarm is definitely on the cards. I was thinking of going the Viper 700VXR seems to have good features without having to have a separate remote to unlock and lock the car and isnt to expensive either. Anybody have this alarm and can tell me what they think? Or can anyone recommended a better alarm system?

Cheers :)

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I know this is digressing but why the heck would you want an alarm on a 97 VS? Where's the paranoia coming from? It has an immobiliser so it's pretty tricky to steal (for the average human), alarms are the most ignored device ever aside by their owners who are never around when they wake me up at night. And no, I don't go outside and check!

I had one on mine, integrated to the immobiliser for about the first two days I owned it. Sorry, smashed it into the bin or I'd offer it to you :)

dlaps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II EXEC
Yeah i know what you mean, the main reason is because ive spent a heap on the sound system and yesterday i happened to sell some seats to this dodgy c*** from frankston who saw the car and was asking ALOT of questions about the car didnt think much of it at the time but it makes sense now. The has already had a hit and run done on it in my street who knows whats next!

crazywog

XR6 TURBO KING
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 TURBO she needs a tissue achoo
if ur that paraniod park it in ur driveway and lock her up.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
My son has the Viper on his VS as he has spent a lot on it like you. When it goes off we do hear it and get up. I am not sure which model he has but it also has the remote start feature which is cool to utilise, people wonder how the car suddenly started.

The alarm also decreased his insurance premiums. Back up the alarm with a club lock for extra safety if it's left on the street.

MuckUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cross 8
Having an alarm on my VL stopped it getting nicked from my driveway and there wasn't anyone home to hear it, two weekends later my housemates VL with no alarm got pinched from the driveway and used in a ram raid and high speed chase, only found out it was missing when the cops called to let hom know in the morning.

VS even with factory imobiliser is easy to steal if you know how and even just having the siren will scare some crooks away when it goes off.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
I've got a viper alarm on the clubby. I only use it generally as a secondary immobiliser though and keep the alarm set to silent. Not like anyone bats an eyelid when a car alarm goes off anyway. Will make your insurance premiums a little cheaper too.