Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Audio Brand "boss"

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
and i personally didn't buy pioneer cause i am so like different to everyone else gets pioneer so decided to be bold and buy fusion

enjoy

scott

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
Boss as far as I can tell are like a rip off of the good brand Bose. Kinda like Palsonic

V

vsBerli

Boss is ****. Cheap and very, very nasty. I have only ever bought one thing of theirs which were 6.5" splits, after a week they stopped operating (the wire to the coil failed) so i took it back under warranty got it replaced, then just after 12 months (how ironic) the glue around the cone piece and outside rubber surrond came unstuck and not long after that happened, one of the crossover's tweeter output failed. I knew at the time they were cheap and nasty but like most people i wanted a low cost setup. So for that i deserved what i got!

MuNtEd

Reaction score
In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
Members Ride
94 VR EXEC
from wat i have seen and heard BOSS is AKAI
now that is poor...

you will find that every brand well almost every brand/company has a generic label

F

flisso

hey how do the boss 1000w amps go? cause im thinkin of gettin 1 to run me 6*9s and me 12" xplod sub

Mike S

Car Audio Pro
Reaction score
I used a Boss 1000w amp in a comp car once it was the chunky black one with the removable end caps, cant think of the model (probably B1000 ---- lol), it kept two kicker 12's pumping and sounded OK.

Mike :)

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
also have a boss amp. its been going very well for over 4 years. very impressed considering the moisture, dust and heat it has been exposed to. it runs my 2 sony xplod subs and despite also what people say about xplod the system has been running strong for ages with no problems whatsoever.

P

PhatVN

Ye good onya for not choosing BOSS.. i mean sure its cheap and all.. but of course its cheap for a reason..
Speakers have a certain RMS watt they can handle.. and ure deck also has a certain RMS it puts out.. a **** deck with **** speakers will give u **** sound lol..
I got full Alpine system.. without amp/sub at the moment.. and in my opinion its better than the best BOSS system with amp/sub lol..