Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car audio help/guide

OZZYBRAAA

Reaction score
Members Ride
SVZ06
Hey guys first time poster,
Just finally signed up and need your help on a few things
I bought a sub and amp
Kicker ES 12" and the amp is a kicker dx 125.2 off a mate for about 130
and was thinking about installing it myself after being told ALBERTS wanted 200$ to install it not including wiring kit...
So my question is
What do I need to install it ,
I no I need wiring kit but what defines what one I need in terms or power ratings etc,
Also I've read that I might need a compactor how will I no if I need one or not.
Secondly I have never connected subs and amps ever so maybe so one can point me on the right direction
Thanks guys

numeric

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60th anniversary
ill start this nice and say welcome. now i dont mean to be blunt and come across rude but with questions like that id pay the 200 at least you wont be driving down the road with a car on fire

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
i'm with numeric on your post but i'll give a point in the right direction, as doing it yourself isn't that hard if you've done a bit of research.

So my question is what do I need to install it
Google the specs of the amp or the manual as they normally have what's required and recommended for wiring.
(something like this would be more than ample: Aerpro WKS210 10-Gauge 2-Channel Wiring Kit - $28.65)

Also I've read that I might need a capacitor how will I no if I need one or not
it's capacitor not compactor. and no, you wont need one for an amp that is only putting out 125w (bridged)

Secondly I have never connected subs and amps ever so maybe so one can point me on the right direction

Google for youtube how-to's, here's one to get you started: How To Install an Amplifier: Car Amplifier Basics Part 2 - YouTube
Also, there's stacks of info already on this forum with details you're asked about, thus your lack of responses to your post.

Remember, the Search button and google are your friends :)

Timmah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
Or alternatively, get a mate who knows how to do it to give you a hand, its fairly common knowledge in the car world. They'll be able to show you how its done, and be worth shouting em a few drinks for the help!