Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Audio Problems

N

nick_27

hey guyz i have a pretty old alpine amp and i just recently baught 2 subs 4 my car and when i ran the wire and connected the subs 2 my amp when i pump up the volume the subs dont work i dont know i fi connected it wrong but i also have a alpine head unit(cda-9811) could it b that i have 2 unlock the subs from the radio i dunno please help!!!

dephilile

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
This should have been posted with all the other car audio stuff ey.

Do you have your engine running when you turn it right up? Maybe the amp is cutting out because it’s not getting enough power.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
What sort of subs? and how are they connected? Your amp may not be 2ohm stable and is shutting down when you turn up the volume because it's developing too much power then it is designed to handle.

Mike S

Car Audio Pro
Reaction score
If your Alpine amp is an oldie, it certainly wont be 2 ohm stable if bridged, so i reckon you will have to connect them in stereo (one speaker to each channel), asuming of course that your subs are 4 ohm each.

But first ....... do they work at low volume ?
If they do then i'd say your amp is just cutting out due to the speakers being incorectly wired .... see above !!

If they dont work at all then you may have a power supply problem, get a test light and make sure there is 12v at both the pos terminal and the remote terminal and make sure it is actually earthed (not just looking like it is !). Most Alpine amps have a green LED to tell you if it's powered up.

If there is power to the amp and its eathed then .......... and I'm not familliar with that deck ....... does it have RCA Sub out ?. You might have to turn the sub output on from the audio menu, someone who likes Alpine stuff might be able to help there.

Keep trying
Mike :)

N

nick_27

ya but i also have 2 amps one is working on speakers and the other just doesnt wanna power the subs i realy dont know whats going on i mnea the amp fuses r all good i think its the connection 2 the radio i need help does anybody knwo stuff about alpine radios ?????

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Nick. the same still aplies, we don't think you amp is able to handle the two subs in parallel!

Do me a favour. Disconnect one sub and see if it does it ok?

Is it doing anything at low volumes? You need to answer that one BEFORE we can do anything!