Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Audio Problems?

1tuffvn

hey i own a vn berlina and ive done an car audio apprentiship
custom boots,alarms,central locking and all that crap

if u have any problems just ask

till then, crank them up boys!!!!!!

L

lairdy

I've just bought a 12" Sony x-plod sub (xs-L121p5) and 4 X 6" 3- way sony x-plod speakers (xs-gt6036x Im getting a JVC head unit with two rca outs and a sub out.

Just wondering about the best way to hook this up. I can get my hands on a 4 channel kicker amp from my brother. I was wondeing about what to do with the amp, whether i hook it up with 2 channels bridged for the sub and use the other two channels for the rear speakers. Or whether to just use the amp for the sub. Or am i better off using the amp for all 4 speakers and get another amp for the sub? if so what type?

Any help would be great.

1tuffvn

u can just run these speakers off the head unit, and run the sub off the amp, if other wise use this amp fot the speakers and get 2 chanell amp for the sub, like a mono block and run if off that, the head unit has a sub controll so it should sound nice,
and what amp u should get depends how much u wanna spend, the cheap audioline apms are allright for subs, cheap and powerfull

have fun with it bro

A

andrewro

I have a VXII and was wondering if it is worth changing the standard speakers or is the headunit complete crap ?

Thanks

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
QUOTE (lairdy @ Mar 24 2004, 01:14 PM) Just wondering about the best way to hook this up. I can get my hands on a 4 channel kicker amp from my brother. I was wondeing about what to do with the amp, whether i hook it up with 2 channels bridged for the sub and use the other two channels for the rear speakers. Or whether to just use the amp for the sub. Or am i better off using the amp for all 4 speakers and get another amp for the sub?
While you've got the parts, use 2 channels (bridged) for the sub and the other 2 channels for the rear speakers.

Then later you can get a 2 channel amp for the sub (bridged) and use the 4 channel for front and rear speakers.

1tuffvn

QUOTE (andrewro @ Mar 25 2004, 03:12 PM) I have a VXII and was wondering if it is worth changing the standard speakers or is the headunit complete crap ?

Thanks
the vx actually sounds allrite stocky, if its the tape deck then chuck it, its a 5 min jod with those 2 din players, if its a cd then keep it, they are quite decent, and the speakers are ok too, but changing them wouldnt hurt, it all depends what u actually want to do with the whole setup

EVL253

i hate cops!
Reaction score
Members Ride
cranky black VB SLE
ive just put a stereo into my VS. its basic as its a daily driver. clarion head deck and stacker were existing i added a 10 inch kicker sub and pioneer 3 ways front and back.my probis electrical whistling thru the speakers and sub.only the frotn speakers r off the amp the rears aernt.and onmly tyhe fronts have the whislte. i used double insulated aerpro and stinger rca cabling .got a new noise suppressor on the alternator.it onlky does this whislte whiles the engine is running.power and rca leads r well away from each other.apart from a dirty big inline noise filter i got no ideas anyone else?

1tuffvn

i would check the conoctions on the head unit,make sure nothin is touching

L

Lukey

Hi...I'm quite new to this.....

I've just got a JVC KDG405 stereo head unit from a friend...
and I need the wiring loom information/diagram from the car....for a Holden Calais VP 93.
And also I'm not sure if this new unit will fit.....the wire loom from the car has 13 wires while the JVC unit has only 12 wires coming out.....
Could someone please help me out.......

Thanks in advance....

1tuffvn

QUOTE (Lukey @ Mar 29 2004, 09:14 PM) Hi...I'm quite new to this.....

I've just got a JVC KDG405 stereo head unit from a friend...
and I need the wiring loom information/diagram from the car....for a Holden Calais VP 93.
And also I'm not sure if this new unit will fit.....the wire loom from the car has 13 wires while the JVC unit has only 12 wires coming out.....
Could someone please help me out.......

Thanks in advance....
well the black,yellow and red are ur power cables
grey white purple and green are the speaker cables and the blue is remote wire for the amp, also there is an another blue with a line through it thats for the electric antena, not all head units have that wire, so that might be whats ur missing

have fun