Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

car audio!!!

vzthunder6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz thunder s 2006
Just sold my vz thunder 6 and bought a vz calais!
car already had a decent sound system which included

2x rocksford fosgate P3D4-12 punch series subs - 600w rms 1200 max.
7" jvc headunit (garbage)
rockford fosgate Power1000 1400 Watt 5-Ch. Limited Edition Amp (Rockford Fosgate® - Power1000)
and rockford fosgate speakers in the rear top shelf. (dunno exact model).

ive already bought some add ons to this which are as follow,
AVH-P3350BT pioneer touch screen headunit
alpine type r 6.5" component speakers - rms 110w peak 330w
PDX-4.100 alpine amp.

my question is do i need to use the 2nd amp i bought to run the new set of speakers awsomely haha.
the guy at autobarn said i should get a 2nd amp and run both my speakers off it and my subs of the amp that come with the car, but i have a feeling that the amp i got which seems really good will have enough go in it to run both sets of speakers and the 2 subs, im guessing 5 channel amp means u can run 5 diffrent things? (got no idea about this stuff) e.g the 2 subs and 2 sets of speakers means there is 1 chanel free? or does it!!!

please help me out.
im new to this **** too :) first post.
cheers.

abadonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclain
I'm not expert but whilst people say that sep amps 'sound bette' its marginal that most people could pick the difference in the real world
.Your amp is very good. Here are the tech specs for it.
Rockford Fosgate® - Power1000

All that Amps do is power the speakers. Good amps power them cleanly and can output the power to maximise potential volume.

The Rockford Amp, as I read it, can run 4 speakers front and rear and one sub. Not sure hows he's running 2 subs and 4 speakers off it (altho you dont mention the front speakers that you're replacing).

I think you might be a bit underpowered with just the one amp and 4 sets of f/r and 2 subs.
Perhaps run the front and rear off the current amp and use the new alpine in 'bridged' mode to run the subs.

Vnhorko

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn calais 1989
Hey im new to this thing but i have a vn calais 1989 and i got a cd player for the car a sony just new to the wireing im just wondering what colour wires go to which wire can u please help me i wanna wire it myself so i know what im doing?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Hey im new to this thing but i have a vn calais 1989 and i got a cd player for the car a sony just new to the wireing im just wondering what colour wires go to which wire can u please help me i wanna wire it myself so i know what im doing?

Get a wiring harness to suit. No cutting needed.

Vnhorko

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn calais 1989
Its my first ever car lol its in good nic just needs abit to it aha...
Just need somehelp with the wiring

VT_CALAISV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Calais
Hi all
I have installed a Avh-p3350bt in my Calais and I am having trouble getting the bloody thing to play Bluetooth audio off my Sony Xperia Z5... It connects and allows me to make phone calls but nothing for the audio... It's doing my bloody head in.. Any help would be so much appreciated.
Cheers!