Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

car badges off

84dez

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
lol $50 is so cheap especially from holden man they gonna get one of the sales guys to do it as a mechanic gets payed more then that per hour and its a more then hr job, ive taken a sticker off a mirage never done badges as have been happy to drive a car with the exec badges on it unless u got a hsv kit then yeah rip those suckers off

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
I did mine recently.. And they way i did them.. there is NO chance for anything to go wrong.

All you need is some OOMPH Glue remover (Bunnings).. and some dental floss.

Spray the badge, and leave it for a few minutes.... Then gently saw off using the floss.

Then spray the left over gunk with the OOMPH, leave for a few moments, and then you can gently roll it off.

Just try it yourself, there is no way you can muck it up : )

Good Luck!!

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
i just want someone prifessionals to do it not me coz i know i will fu ck it up thats y im seeing if there is a place that can do it i ask holden they say they will do it for me for $50 but im not spending that sort of money for doing it is there any place would do it for me cheaper

thanx

my apologies for posting the thread link if you aren't confident. i haven't done it myself but it appears to be quite straightforward. other ways to do it include using a hairdryer to soften the glue, old credit/bank/library card instead of fishing line...
as the others have said, if you really want it done by a pro, either be willing to fork out large amounts of money for something that potentially blind freddy could do a better job at, or find a member closer to you and ask them.

holdenvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive
i was trying to do it last night got a bit of the c and e off but i can see the paint comeing off thats y i have stop doing it coz i know i will fu ck it up more

84dez

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
well then bite the bullet and get holden to do it for $50, $50 aint much for what u getting done, and if they strip the paint off they have touch up paint there.

and plz dont tell me ur using eucaliptus oil to get rid of the sticky stuff or u will destroy ur paint use a bug and tar or a clear coat friendly goo remover. i really dont know why ur paint is coming off car cant be that old in paint, dont put the fishing wire on the paint put it about half way in the black sticky

otherwise pay the money as i could garentee a panel shop will charge u more

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Since when was $50 unreasonable for a job like this? Do Centrelink payments not leave much after your cartons of smokes and grog? Might be time to ration.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
well then bite the bullet and get holden to do it for $50, $50 aint much for what u getting done, and if they strip the paint off they have touch up paint there.

and plz dont tell me ur using eucaliptus oil to get rid of the sticky stuff or u will destroy ur paint use a bug and tar or a clear coat friendly goo remover. i really dont know why ur paint is coming off car cant be that old in paint, dont put the fishing wire on the paint put it about half way in the black sticky

otherwise pay the money as i could garentee a panel shop will charge u more
Eucalyptus oil didn't stuff my paint. Infact it worked perfectly.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
i was trying to do it last night got a bit of the c and e off but i can see the paint comeing off thats y i have stop doing it coz i know i will fu ck it up more
Did you heat it up first or just try and rip it off?