Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Battery located in the cargo area in the sportwagon - WHY?

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
Can someone explain to me WHY Holden decided to place the battery in the left hand side of the cargo area behind the access panel in the VE sportwagon.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
to save room in the engine bay, but still have easy access...
do you have a better idea?

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
PITA really - family on school holidays with cargo area packed with luggage, bikes. I hate to dread with a dead / flat car battery in the rain , unpack pack everything just to get access to the battery.

Last edited:

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
PITA really - family on school holidays with cargo area packed with luggage, bikes. I hate to dread with a flat car battery in the rain , unpack pack everything just to get access to the battery.

There should be jump points under the bonnet, only need to access battery to replace it

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
^yep... jump points under bonnet.

Plus, I like it. One day when I get the car audio setup of my dreams, having the battery at the rear of the car instead of the front makes installation that much easier/neater.

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
yeah I guess only need to access it when its DEAD, knew about the jump starting connection posts that are located in the left hand side of the engine bay

astroham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking
they place it in the back for various reasons, including weight distribution (i know its like 5 kilos but everybit counts), saving room in the bay, and its safer for some reason (i used to know but cant remember at the moment) which is why a lot of european cars do it ... and yes there is a jump point under the hood, yes it works cause i have used it... and yes it is awesome having the battery in the back when you have a killer sound audio setup