Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

car broken into

bruiserbrad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC 202 base model
i woke up this morning to find out that my car had been broken into the all the vandals managed to get was my ipod cord and one of my speakers not too fussed about that but the bastard smashed my window which is gunna be annoying to fix. i rang the police and they were no help. suprise. im gunna just change the door as its gunna be easyer. so i was just wondering does anyone have a rear right door that would fit into a vc im not fussed about colour as im going to paint my car soon. so anyone interested in helping me out? anyone have any parts cars i can steal a door from?

bastards.jpg

bruiserbrad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC 202 base model
yeah it sucks , i thought it would be a prick of a job to do and my boss told me today (hes a mechanic) that if that job came into work he'd charge out about 2.5 hours and it would be easyer to change the door i dont think it would take that long to pull a door off and put a new one on, yeah me too it was on the street out the front of my house i guess they chose the right time in the night to do it then.

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
The window will be easy to replace (if you can get one)

Generally you take off the door card and put the window down. Pull off the rubber at the top and undo the bolt/screw above the divider. Then on the door there will be 1 or 2 bolts, undo these and slide the divider out of the way. Pull the window out, put the new one in and reverse the steps. An hour absolute max.

Well that's how Japanese cars are, never done a commodore one but I'd say it's similar.

bruiserbrad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC 202 base model
commodores a bit different mate you gotta pull the roller window out and adjust the cables right otherwise the window wont close properly. I found my old repair manual and it gives instructions on how to remove and replace the rear windows so i think i might just give it a go, if i stuff it up i can just buy a door and swap it. itll give me good practice anyway incase some other basterd tries the same thing.

machone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHSLE/VXSS/VXEXEC
replace the window mate its not that hard and yep i know what your going through bastards got into my car when i was at the zoo hundreds of cars there they got mine grrr...except they rammed a screw driver next to the door lock then you can just pull the bar across presto they were in they got into the boot took my amp and the only time my tools were left in the car....lesson learnt...i removed the remote boot opener from the glove box and placed in another spot which you would be hard to find...and installed an alarm...and dont take the vh to the zoo lol

machone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHSLE/VXSS/VXEXEC
oh and why dont i lock the glove box instead of moving the boot remote?...give me a screw driver and ill show why lol.

bruiserbrad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC 202 base model
what type of alarm did you put in? I have been considering it for a while but i think i will now but dont know much about them what should i look for?

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
you can buy them from repco etc, if i was you i would look for one that has an alarm and shock sensor + bonnet trigger, i picked one up for about 80 bucks, best money i spent, i also bought a central locking kit and hooked it all up at the same time, cost me about 130 ish for the central locking and alarm and 250 off a mate to install it all, best money i spent on my old vl