Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Care

GLD-086

Reaction score
wes_v8 said:
so the meguires products are worth the money and are what they say they are?

They sure are and the Megiuars Tech Wax and window cleaner are the sh*t.:p

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
never really found too much of a difference. i find as long as you shamois it dry it can go a while without a polish, i think i still use a leftover kitten polish or something for that.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
andyman said:
this will sound dumb but what the difference between a wax and polish

Put simply, a wax adds a layer of protection & shine to your paint, whilst a polish is slightly abrasive, so it will actually take off some of your paint to remove imperfections and give you a nice shine. There are some products which claim to be a wax & polish in one, but I reckon you've gotta do it separately to get good results.

If your paint is neglected, weathered or abused, you're better off going a polish followed by a wax for protection. If your paint is already in good condition or new, just a wax will do... :thumbsup:

VRFURY

Just Nic
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Berlina International Sportswagon
I use armorall car wash, and Meguairs wax

but ive been so dam slack ive been going to the DIY car wash,

but i cant live with out my armorall tyre shine I LOVE IT

mistaken

... pimpin it VT stylez
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
try and steer clear of auto car washes, or drive-thru washes. the brushes never get cleaned, so your rubbing someone elses dirt particles over your paint and putting fine scratches into your paint work! should always go the manual car wash (go to a mates to do it if you havent got a hose or front yard lol) and use a wash mitten with any meguires products. it'll come up a treat and you'll never look back!

found this site the other day - http://www.autopia-carcare.com/ - absolute gold mine when it comes to cleaning and detailing your car!

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
mistaken said:
found this site the other day - http://www.autopia-carcare.com/ - absolute gold mine when it comes to cleaning and detailing your car!

Kool, that looks like a good site. I'll have to have a better look when I have more time.

Don't know if I've mentioned this before, but the Meguiars website and forums are also a wealth of good information. :thumbsup:

Redhot_SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0
davey g-force said:
If your paint is neglected, weathered or abused, you're better off going a polish followed by a wax for protection. If your paint is already in good condition or new, just a wax will do... :thumbsup:

Totally agree.

I've just started using Bowdens Own Auto Body Perfection.

Seems pretty good so far :thumbsup:

http://www.bowdensown.com.au/home.html

Best thing is, it is Australian made for Australian Conditions