Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Charger to get

sk2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore 'S' pack.
Hi,
Got my VS in the garage awaiting some maintenance. As it is not getting driven much the battery slowly goes flat.

Has anyone got recommendations for chargers that you can keep connected to the car until driven, and they switch on and off as required? The auto shops regularly have them on sale, just wondering about any brands or types.

I have one for my bike and never had an issue.

Thanks.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
i brought 2 battery fighters juniors about 10 years ago now mainly for the bikes but it does come with alligator clamps that i use on the cars when there park in the shed for couple of weeks at a time and it does the job keeps them charge
the battery in the bike is still original over 10 years old

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I have 800mA deltron unit (sold through Harley-Davidson dealers).
I use it on the bike or the car, whichever isn't being used at the time.

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
I bought a CTEK believing all the hype and it cooked 3 different batteries, 2 (expensive) deep cycle gel batteries and a big N70Z wet cell in the Cruiser... charges yes, maintains not so much!

Andrew

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I have 3 ‘Battery Fighters’ in almost constant use which have a 2 pin plug that you attach permanently to the terminals.

2 are a 1.25Amp (model BFA-0120-230 about 6 years old) which I now use only on the VY and VZ, which they seem to charge quickly, then float.
If I use them on the Territory, which eats batteries and can flatten the battery in about 2 weeks if not started or charged, they will never go into float mode, but seem to just maintain the same level of charge.

The other is a variable (model BCA1382S6WR) which you can pick what sort of battery and input charge. That is about 2 years old. It can charge the Territory quickly, then go to float mode.

They do the job required, and I don’t have a problem leaving them connected for a couple of weeks until whatever car is being used.