Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car covers, what is the best material for 2-pak paint?

V

VH_SLSEX

I need a car cover which is going to protect my car and not scratch or rub against my 2-pak paint. What is the best material to have on the inside of the car cover? The softest, least scratchiest material?

dan-wess

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY S Pac Series II
I work at an alumina refinery and the fall out in the car park is especially nasty to paint. They got sick of re painting cars so the gave out car covers and did a bit a research to pick the best one, Sunland Prestiege, about $100 from autobarn or alike. water proof and all, really soft lining on the inside, using it for about 2 months now and so far so good, on 2004 phantom paint.
Cheers
Dan

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Yeah I had one that was around 100 dollars, be warned they all rip easily though if your not careful, and keep them out of the dirt and look after them and they'll be fine to your car.

The one I was using was vented, had a soft cloth inner and a reflective outer.

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
Problem is that if your car has even the smallest amount of dirt on it, the cover will pick it up, drag it along and scratch the paint

Or maybe I'm just too fussy :eek: