Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

car covers??

steak000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk Calais
hi guys i have just bought a really nice vs ss and going to park it in like a carport, but would like to cover it, any ideas on how to choose a good one and if anyone else covers there car, im only looking at driving it on the weekends, cheers daniel

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
Be careful mate.

I work in a dusty area, and the guy here got a car cover, had it for 1 day and then didn't use it again. This was due to on windy days the dust etc gets blown up under the cover, then the wind moves the cover around scratching the paintwork... :hmmm:

Is your carport open?

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Same happened to me with my car cover for the lancer. However, the more expensive ones seem to be ok as the are very form fitting to the car and are made of a seemingly scratch resistant material. They do run into the hundreds though.

mug1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman V8
don't bother with using a car cover it's more of a pain than you think

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
My vl lives outside and its already faded enough. So i though i would be smart and buy a cover. I went to a auto store and bought a cover from them $40 within the first month the clips had broken and it was fraying. Took it back and though id get a bit better one that was also waterproof, Anyway paid the extra and took it home. That lasted probably 3 months so i took it back becuase it sill had warrenty and said dont even worry about it i just want a refund. Anyway i went to kmart of all placed spent $100 on an a cover and it's the best cover ive bought. waterproof, fits my car very well and its not ripping or tearing. Although i have run over both clips and smashed them (lol) it still stays on the car even in the wind becuase of its elastic at the front and rear.

Long story short, by the kmart one. IMO

steak000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk Calais
hi guys yeah our carport is an open one really, we live on a farm with a big cruched rock car park, and since car is black had to keep clean, but we are moving soon into a surburban town with also a car port maybe i just park it under cover and that will be ok? i would be prepared to spend 200buks to keep it in the same condition i got it.

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
yeh man, i would say it would be better without one, just give the car a blow off before you go crusin and you'll be sweeet!!!