Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car cuts out when turning right

VTEZN

TEAZN U
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT S Series 2 5 Speed
Hey guys plzzz i need ya help over the past 2 weeks ive been having 2 major problems with my 1999 VT S S2.

1. Was verry hard to start in the morning. After around 15 mins id get it going. only happened in the morning.

2. When my fuel tank reaches below 150km i have a cut out problem when ever i turn to the right. im guessing its the fuel pump not sucking in the fuel wehen it goes to the other end of the tank.

yesterday i changed the Fuel pump , Fuel Filter and the injectors.
i checked the start up problem in the morning.. seems to have been fixed.
as for turning to the right and my car cutting out its still happening.
plz guys i need help with this..... THANX

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Hey guys plzzz i need ya help over the past 2 weeks ive been having 2 major problems with my 1999 VT S S2.

1. Was verry hard to start in the morning. After around 15 mins id get it going. only happened in the morning.

2. When my fuel tank reaches below 150km i have a cut out problem when ever i turn to the right. im guessing its the fuel pump not sucking in the fuel wehen it goes to the other end of the tank.

yesterday i changed the Fuel pump , Fuel Filter and the injectors.
i checked the start up problem in the morning.. seems to have been fixed.
as for turning to the right and my car cutting out its still happening.
plz guys i need help with this..... THANX

Fuel pump sucks the petrol out of the little bowl from the bottom of the tank,doesnt catch it while its splashing from one end to another.

Look for a vacuum leak.Most probably around the inlet manifold...Some vacuum leaks may just cause a lean/rich condition , the O2 sensors will tell the computer it will try and compensate...... but maybe adding too much fuel or not adding enough / any at all becuase its not reading it right. It really depends on where the leak is ..

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
my vn does this to, if i turn right hard and plant it (for hectic one peggers ;)) it cuts out, sometimes it does it at more than half a tank ? weird i thought low fuel aswell but it isnt

VTEZN

TEAZN U
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT S Series 2 5 Speed
ok guys i think ive figured out the problem. I work for peps so we r constantly in touch with holden i spoke to a mechanic and told him the situation that we pretty much all encounting. the problem seems to be with the whole sending unit. I pretty much asked for my VT how much the new sending unit will cost. and he looked it up. turns out to be $250 for the whole unit including OEM pump ive order 1 it will arrive on thursday ill fit it in on saturday morning and ill leave a post on this thread of how it went VN v6 it may be alote cheaper for you. Ive also found that most of the standard OEM parts are cheaper then the after market. So id say keep in touch with the holden boys and scope out some prices believe me ull be surprised

shaun-o

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II VS Commodore Executive
my old vn commodore done the exact same thing if you turned right. i found out that it was my harmonic balancer needed replacing as it was triggering my knock sensor. hopes this may come as of any help