Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car died while driving today

Freddo_VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Hey guys i've got a 95 VS Acclaim and yesterday when i was driving home in the heavy rain my mp3 player turned itself off but then turned itself back on. Today when i was driving it turned itself off again but this time it didnt turn back on and then the car died. After a couple of minutes it started back up and was running fine. Then on my way home it died again and the 'check power train' light was on, after waiting a few minutes it started again but the indicators wouldnt work and doors all unlocked by themselves and the 'check powertrain' light was staying on but i got it home. I've got no idea what's wrong with it just wondering if you guys have got any idea what the problem might be.

MarzVP

I now own a TARAGO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Tarago
Have you checked for any fault codes?

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
sounds like you overloaded the system, by pullin out more power than your battery could service....either your alternator isnt charging, or the battery isnt holding that charge...get a battery and alternator test done.
i had a similar problem once...driving in the rain, windscreen wipers on, cd cranked up, dimisters on, and when i put my high beams on the car died for a second or two then went back to normal.
in my case i had a dodgy battery, replaced that and i have no troubles now.

Freddo_VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Thanks for that guys i checked it out and im pretty sure its the battery

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
I had the same problem a few months ago. Dash light playing up, stereo cutting in and out... The car had gremlins! in the end was as simple as the battery terminals. the screw on the neg terminal was stripped and couldnt be tightend... Replaced and fine since.