Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car got keyed, need advice

heathyspoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
So I'm not sure if this should go in off topic or here but I'll give it ago
Nearly three weeks ago my car got keyed, pretty badly across 6 panels, I have full comp and its through my parents name so a $500 excess is not the end of the world but just tonight I have found out who did it. Now personally I am 100% sure that said person did it but there is no specific evidence pointing towards it.
So the options I see are:
  • Pay the $500 and get it fixed
  • Go to the police and see what happens (which there is a fair chance that it will end in, "yeah we spoke to him, he said he was sleeping that night, too bad")
  • Ruin his car (he has a pretty rubish car anyway which is hardly worth touching let alone the trouble it will land me in it is a stupid idea, so maybe scratch that)

So basically if you have another idea I'm all ears or if you have experience with the police and this sort of thing please tell me how it went

By the way the car is a VZ Calais and the marks are across the bonnet, down both passanger side doors, and onto the panel behind (not quite the QP like the one that the fuel cap is on but on the other side) and down both doors on the drivers side.

Thanks, heath.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
more trouble then its worth, pay the excess get on with your life.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
id pay the $500 and get it fixed if it was me, the cops probably wont do bugger all about it and i wouldnt pay out on the other car just incase your wrong about who did it.

heathyspoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
Okay it just got juicier, there is now a whole bunch of facebook and text messages from him saying how he wants to hurt me, these are to two different people spanning across 2 weeks before the incidenct.

I think I'm going to go to the police just for a chat and if they say its not worth it then I will just pay the 500. I'd just hate to be known as the little bitch that went to the cops and then he gets away with it

BakeTheTank

Phreddy-ed UP!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Series II
I had a similar thing happen to my old rodeo. I found out who it was straight away and this is what i done about it:

I found the two boys who done it, questioned them why, which never made sense they took out there rage on someone else - on me. I gave them 3 options (between me and them face to face)

1. I go to the cops (they were picked up and dropped home by the cops earlier that night)
2. Beat the living **** out of them.
3. They pay for the damage and its sorted.

They payed some of the cost. One left town the other got his head kicked in by someone else :)

Never really got sorted properly but i walked away happy :)

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
Just fix it yourself, you cant win when its hearsay in court trust me I tried I knew who done it called the cops went to court and bloody nothing.I threatened the person after and guess what happened yes thats right I got warned by the police not to go near the person or I would be charged.

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Go to the cops and pay the $500, they would probably do a full respray.. well worth the $500.

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
something similar happened to me recently

if you're claiming on insurance you must make a police report if you know who did it tell the cops regardless of them taking action

print out everything you have and give tell the insurance they will they will try and recover from the person

you will not have to pay the excess or lose your rating

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
get a mate to undo there brake nipples while ur making the statment too them and take us much info as u can

btw. whatd u do?