Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car has trouble starting, goes harder; error codes 48 & 73 (cam sensor + auto pres.)

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Hey all,

After a couple of days of the car having trouble starting (starter is working but ignition and getting the thing up and running seems to take a bit of time) I decided to check error codes after the check engine light came up this morning. I was given:

Code 48 - Cam Angle Sensor
Code 73 - Pressure Control Solenoid Current - Auto Transmission Only

I have an electronic shift kit and custom memcal if that makes a difference (though the gear changes feel harder than before with the "kit"). Worth noting is that car was fine until I gave it a vaccuum and decided to put the computer in the kick panel in properly (was sort of sitting there before, had to force it a bit including the wiring to get in to the mounts). Did I damage something in the computer subsequently causing damage to the engine, or is it possible it could just be something simple like a loose connection or the memcal falling out? Anyone know about these codes

Any ideas and suggestions welcome

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you could of snapped a wire or maybe just loosened it when putting it in.the pressure solinoid one is probably the silly electronic shift kit messing with what the ecu is seeing has it been in long

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
To be honest I have seen Code 73 before, had the electronic shift for about a year now and it was around then it started coming up sometimes with error codes.

Will have a look at the ecu wiring and see what the service manual says (if anything).

What is the cam angle sensor anyways?

Thanks for the reply :D

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
cam angle sensor is on the front timing cover and tells the ecu what angle the engine is at for the sequential injection.you might of just dislodged a wire at the ecu if you forced it a bit much hopefully a simple fix.