Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

car has yellow sticker!

ciro

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP V6 Berlina
hey all
got pulled over the other day and he did a vehicle check on things around the car. He then tells me that i have until 9am the next day to drive my car and he also gave me a list of things to repair on my car and 177 dollar fine =/. Just wondering if anyone else has gotten one of these before and if they had to show the road worthy certificate to the police or to vicroads?

ps: racv rkn it would cost 1500 to fix everything which is mostly bs they said it was to loud (2.5 inch cat-back), to low (stock height), back tyres haven't got any tread (only back right has none), window tint is falling off (very slightly), cracked headlight (can't see it), cracked window (1mm by 2mm long), handbrake isn't strong enough (true that), front brakes need replacing (negative), oil leaking (can't see it)......

once you go without a car for a while u notice how hard it is especially when work is a fair distance away......

also ps: i wasn't doing anything illegal at the time i was pulled over. uc cops pulled up next to me at the traffic lights and asked me to pull over through the window....... very angry at the moment.:bang:

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
You probably just got a cop on his bad day..

thats comment too low at stock height is funny tho.. :lol:

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
how did they check that the front brakes need changing? And what part of them needs to be changed? Just the pads, or discs, calipers etc

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
go straight to the station sargent and make a complaint that your car is fine and they will remove it usually

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
dude that's harsh, how can a car be too low at stock height? lol
but i guess the whole thing with the tyres and brakes, you should really fix that up, that could be quite dangerous so i can understand that, everything else sounds like crap, i'd appeal, can you do that in VIC?

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
whats the point in appealing unless you get a fine for each defect or something? It still gonna be a defect if he has a cracked headlight, even if the other stuff is fine

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Well fix it up!

Last edited:

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
back tyres haven't got any tread (only back right has none)

hehe... funny that :p

love you getting defected for ride-hight on a stocker too ^^

ciro

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP V6 Berlina
yeh got everything back up to scratch got some dodgy ass mechanic to do it for $1050. yay got my car back.