Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car idling too high after using cruise control

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Ok well I just started using Cruise Control today to see if it does help with fuel economy. Anyway, on my way home in the evening I noticed it wasn't changing into 4th gear. When I stopped, it was idling at 2000 revs in drive, neutral and park. I switched off and back on again and it was fine. Drove another couple of KM to get home and it was fine, had to swap cars around, when I got mine to the end of the driveway (after switching it off and on again) it was now idling normally in drive but at 1500 in neutral and park.

Any ideas before I have a whinge at the people at Hunter Holden? It's under the premium warranty

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
DavidPartay said:
Ok well I just started using Cruise Control today to see if it does help with fuel economy. Anyway, on my way home in the evening I noticed it wasn't changing into 4th gear. When I stopped, it was idling at 2000 revs in drive, neutral and park. I switched off and back on again and it was fine. Drove another couple of KM to get home and it was fine, had to swap cars around, when I got mine to the end of the driveway (after switching it off and on again) it was now idling normally in drive but at 1500 in neutral and park.

Any ideas before I have a whinge at the people at Hunter Holden? It's under the premium warranty
If it's under warranty,utilize it!

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
Cruise control cable probably needs lubricating with a squirt of CRC or something similar to stop it sticking.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Thanks Tree Cutter, also may I suggest you try reading your sentence out loud :)