Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car impounded - legal advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
A skid would leave a mark on the road
Cant you like take a photo of the road
Hahaha

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
I had this happen to me personally. I got done for speeding (10 and under) in my LX Torana right out the front of my mates house. I accepted the fine and went inside for about 30 mins. I then took my mate for a drive, i did not break traction at any time but i did give it a small hit (nothing over the speed limit) i then went back to me mates house, about an hour later i went to leave and the same cops that did me for speeding blocked me off as i tried to pull out and accused me off doing a burnout. The car got impounded and i took it to court with photo and video evidence that there were no marks on the road where the "alleged burnout" happened. This did not matter though as the judge said a burnout is a loss of traction for more then 3 secs and it does not HAVE to leave a mark. To be honest your best off just copping it sweet as any witness the police have will destroy your chances of winning in court.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Do you have pics of the tyre and bent rim? If so would you upload them for the JC Court to judge?

Surely you would have to hit it fairly hard to burst the tyre... so I wonder what you call a reasonable speed when you did this u-turn?

If you feel you have been treated unfairly then you need to engage a Lawyer and contest the charges.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
That's bullshit.
How can they just say you did it and it be so. I don't doubt your story in the least for the record. Our law enforcement is as corrupt now as it was in Ned Kelly's day.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
If you're after legal advice go to a legal professional and not a car forum.

You may not have been doing a burnout, but you quite obviously did not have the vehicle under control so I can see why you're begin done for dangerous driving.

The bullshit being that I don't understand why your car is impounded. This is why the hooning laws are a bunch of crap, because it appears that anything can constitute hooning.

Anyway, I would not fight the dangerous driving charge but I would see a solicitor in regards to the car being impounded.

sdr11

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
If you're after legal advice go to a legal professional and not a car forum.

You may not have been doing a burnout, but you quite obviously did not have the vehicle under control so I can see why you're begin done for dangerous driving.

The bullshit being that I don't understand why your car is impounded. This is why the hooning laws are a bunch of crap, because it appears that anything can constitute hooning.

Anyway, I would not fight the dangerous driving charge but I would see a solicitor in regards to the car being impounded.

Will I lose my license if I don't fight the dangerous driving charge?
And if I do, will I be able to appeal it after - what are the chances?

LS1FUN

Confused with life..
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Holden VS S-Pack
I'd be putting all my attention on the asshole neighbour who talked crap (apparently) to the police and making his/her life bloody hell! I hate people like that.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Will I lose my license if I don't fight the dangerous driving charge?
And if I do, will I be able to appeal it after - what are the chances?

I don't know how you expect people here to give you an answer. Only the Police and a Judge can determine fines and loss of licence etc.

Even your Lawyer can't tell you exactly what will happen, they can only advise and fight it the best they can.

I appreciate you a in a situation and want an answer now, but you simply won't get one here.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
To all those people say asshole neighbour this and that, etc. So far we have one side of the story.

So far all be know is that the OP was out the front of someones house, playing music and then when they were told to move on they managed to fit a gutter and screw up a rim and when the cops arrived they found he had bald tyres.

I'm keen to see the bent rim before making any judgements.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Lols - As above - if you misjudge a "U" turn by enough to break a wheel I'm happy your car is off the road. As for the rest - go get yourself a good lawyer that specializes in traffic matters. How bald were the tyres and how many were so?

Reaper

Status
Not open for further replies.