Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Insurance help

T

Truk22

hey guys, so i was recently with NRMA till yesterday when i rang them up to see if i could get my car audio insured for around $4000. The lady went away to ask her supervisor and came back with the answer. She said, seeing your car is worth $8000 odd and the audio is half the value of the car, we can not insure you. Furthermore she said that unless i take it all out immediately i will cease to insurance with them in 7 days.

So much for "We cant help but help"

So its one of those fudged up phone calls u wished u never made

Anyways, how has everyone else gone with insuring their audio gear, who are u through, i have tried just cars, they are the best so far but still wont insure my audio, and it costs more so i am getting screwed no matter what.

Cheers
Truk22

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
id have thought you will always pay more to insure an upgraded stez in the car. like telling them you have mags without locknuts.

im with racv and they are pretty good, they covered my head and speakers but not subs, and they dont know about the dvd unit so i guess if it dissapears its on me.

if they are taking that attitude with you just change. i can see that your car may be more of a target with that gear but thats what insurance is about. ring them back and swear heaps. (works with telsta....)

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I'm with Shannons insurance but it's expensive and you can't just insure any old car through them. VLV8VIC If the DVD unit goes missing, then yes, it's on you. But, if you have an accident and they see it in there....then they most likely won't pay at all.

Search around with a few other insurance companies, see what they can offer. Be COMPLETLY honest with them about your car, also talk to the next biggest company who are a threat to NRMA and tell them what they said, you find that they will insure to steal their business. But, don't tell them that they are taking your insurance away. Let them think that you are still insired with them and that you are merely searching for a more freindlier company.

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
......oh crap!..... i could.... um .....throw it really far out the window...with my two broken arms. might go give racv a call :(

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Very wise move.....

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
they said if the driver cant see the screen then it wont affect anythnig although they wont insure the screen if it walks.

now moving the screen so it doesnt face me (bad idea anyway....)

mwethereld

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 Series II V9 Executive 3.8L Supercharged 11Psi
hey guys, im with AAMI, they have insured me, my DVD and Screen, Dual Subs, AMPs..... i started with only me stocl VN SII, but over time added **** in and informed then, each time i asked if it would affect my policy payments and ratings and i got the answer of NO, they insured my subs and amp first and it didnt change my rating or payment, then the DVD and TV, same there.
only when i told them i got an alarm and imob did it change anything,,,, my risk level went way down, and guess what! MY PAYMENTS DIDNT CHANGE! so if i crash or my car gets stolen, not only do i get the $6000 for me car, but another $3500 for the sound system which only really cost me $1000. and all for the low price of around $450 in insurance with an $1100 Excess....

BTW, my father is also with AAMI and he has a Triple Star Rating ( Rating one for life with not having an accident in over 25Years Award) but he is on a different policy and that did not affect my payments.

my view is that RACQ is **** and rips you off, my sisters are with them and there stupid for doing so!

hope this helps...

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
interesting. pays to shop around doesnt it. might look into that. a friend had a few problems with AAMI but like everything someone is always going to have had a bad experience.

chunderlicious

tight ass
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE clubby A6
i was with RACQ and when my car was written off they just sed that i could go and take my personal items, i sed i put the stereo in and and would like to get it out, they sed as long as i put the original back in its fine, wehich i didnt do and i still got all my money back

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
racv on my girlfriends car - we went to get the personal bits and took the wheels (stock but had god tyres) didnt change anything! might depend on the company holding the car, the one we were at were slack as, didnt have to prove anything just walked in adn took what we liked from the car, unsupervised. if i werent so honest the wrecked statesman beside her car wouldnt be so 'complete' anymore...