Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

car insurance

sv9946

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss ute hopefully, or ss-v
edit - remove post thanks

Last edited:

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
it depends on your insurer the plan and your level of cover, i know nrma will replace a car if it is written off in the first 2 years of its life, not if it has damage, ie my relo's ve sv6 copped 6g's worth of rear end work,

if the car was replaced with a no longer running model i think its stiff you get whats closest as youve said, maybe you can choose a few options to bring up the value? i dont think your premiums would be higher for a limited model either,

thats what i think anyway

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
also, my previous ute was a ve sv6 60th anniversary, now if i was still to own that, and write it off, what would be the go there? this guy who works at an insurance company told me that due to the fact 60th anniversary ones are no-longer built, i would simply have to settle for a base sv6 ute in its place? i don't think this would be right, as i'm paying my premiums on an sv6 60th anniversary, so why shouldn't i just be paid out for the vehicle, and then its my decision on what to do?

if the car was a limited edition i would be listing all the extra options on the policy.
as far as i'm aware most insurers replace it with a similarly optioned vehicle.
i'd be ringing a couple of other insurers if i were you.
i'm with AAMI and i had a look at their policy and it says they will replace a car under 12 months old with the same insured options and accessories.
if they cannot replace it then they'll pay the insured amount

Last edited:

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I almost had my ute replaced under insurance but they decided to repair it instead. I asked them about it and they said it would be replaced with the same make/model/specs however it would be a brand new car. They also said that they would also either pay out or add on the extras I had listed (wheels, lowered, tint and so forth).

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
if you have a V8 im sure they couldnt give you a V6 instead