Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car is spastic

Discussion in 'VY Holden Commodore (2002 - 2004)' started by ange80rave, Mar 25, 2020 at 8:29 PM.

1. ange80rave

ange80rave New Member

Members Ride:
    VY V6 Supercharged Commodore S2
    Until i can get to a mechanic (thanks coronavirus). I am trying to self diagnose my car issues.

when i am driving my VY Supercharged L67 the car will get up to normal temp, If i turn on any accessories (lights, wiper blades, stereo, fan etc) the temperature guage rapidly fluctuates between normal and cold temp. Then the check engine light sometimes comes on.

I have noticed if i drive without any accessories on the temp stays at normal and the check engine light doesn't come on.

I have just replaced the battery thinking that was the issue but it didn't fix it.

Im wondering if it could be an alternator issue?

any help will be much appreciated.

2. 1985VK

1985VK Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VK SL
    The car may be infected with corona virus... You may need to burn it... just kidding...

ange80rave likes this.
  3. _R_J_K_

_R_J_K_ Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Zenki S14
    Likely to be a loom issue (wires rubbing through and shorting somewhere) or something like the wiper/indicator stalk.

If you've got a multimeter you can test the battery, should read just under 14 volts with the car on and not jumping up or down or anything like that.