Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car keyed in front of a nightclub right in front of Bouncers!

vr_owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8lt executive
the bouncers have no power to stop the people keying your car. if the car was on the propety then you should be able to get the tapes, if not htey can refuse you,.

Benjamin K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais V6 Supercharged
That's why I never park in front of a night club.
You also run the risk of someone denting it when there is a fight or some drunk leaving his dinner remains all over your car.
Sorry to hear that.

Or park in an out of the way car park with no security at all and have it broken into? A 10 grand sound system is a fairly big crim magnet... You just can't seem to win with a good car.

Benjamin K

Reaction score
Members Ride
the bouncers have no power to stop the people keying your car. if the car was on the propety then you should be able to get the tapes, if not htey can refuse you,.
I'm just reporting it to the police, they can get the tapes, I have a 1.5 hour time frame this happened in so fairly sure the scum bags will be caught.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
not the bouncers problem.
i'd never drive to a club let alone park it at the front door.
should have reported it to the police immediately.
at worst you pay your insurance excess and have it resprayed.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I'm just reporting it to the police, they can get the tapes, I have a 1.5 hour time frame this happened in so fairly sure the scum bags will be caught.

Sucks what happened, but like lots of other people have said, it's a bad place to park. Anywhere in close proximity to where alcohol is served is generally a bad idea. I have a friend who parked her car near Kings Cross (for those who know Sydney) and came back to find some drunk ****wit had jumped on the roof of her car and totally caved it in.

If you're going to the police (as you should), do it ASAP, because most security systems don't keep footage for very long, and if you leave it too long it's very likely that the footage will be taped over.

Don't expect the police to put much effort into this though, because compared to the other crimes they have to deal with, this really is small fry.

As for why people key cars? Some people are ****s. I don't think there is any better explanation than that.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Id never park in front of clubs man i always see drunks leaning and sitting on ppls car even seen ppl piss on them!

I always park at least a street or 2 away in a center park where no drunks are

Hope you find the wanker man

Benjamin K

Reaction score
Members Ride
not the bouncers problem.
i'd never drive to a club let alone park it at the front door.
should have reported it to the police immediately.
at worst you pay your insurance excess and have it resprayed.

What's the cost on a re-spray for a VY calais? Need to wiegh up making a claim and reporting it within the next 24 hours before I go to the police.

See making a claim when I'm 18 with a pretty expensive car is going to make my insurance even worst :bang:

I own a compressor and have all the encessary attatchments but have never tried spray painting anything. Is it easy to spray at home? If so any tips to help me out?

Cheers for all the help guys, PS Custom colour suggestions? Preferrably someone with a bit of photoshop experience (just make it dodgy and don't worry about shading... Monotone FTW!) with a few different colours?

Thanks again

PS My excess is $1200... Swear insurance companys really dont like young people, no matter how much we look after and respect our cars.

Joey_21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 HBD---mmmm LS1
PS My excess is $1200... Swear insurance companys really dont like young people, no matter how much we look after and respect our cars.

lol mines an sv8 and i have to pay double that just for 2 extra cylinders sucks mines $2500

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
So as the story goes, some tool keyed my car (pretty deep, to the primer) right in front of the clubs brilliant security who didn't stop him.

Either way there is about 30 cameras pointed pretty much towards my car. So what is the legality of getting the security footage?

And thanks to the new ID scanning system they implemented up here I'll have a name in no time...

However whether the cops will do anything is a who knows.

Why do scumbags have to key a car?!?!

/rant

Sorry I'm just pissed off...

Report it to the police. If you are lucky they may even investigate it. They are your best chance of getting any security footage.

Reaper