Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car keyed in front of a nightclub right in front of Bouncers!

Benjamin K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais V6 Supercharged
So as the story goes, some tool keyed my car (pretty deep, to the primer) right in front of the clubs brilliant security who didn't stop him.

Either way there is about 30 cameras pointed pretty much towards my car. So what is the legality of getting the security footage?

And thanks to the new ID scanning system they implemented up here I'll have a name in no time...

However whether the cops will do anything is a who knows.

Why do scumbags have to key a car?!?!

/rant

Sorry I'm just pissed off...

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Have u reported it to the cops?
I would think they would look at the footage and press chargers if they get the Cu***

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Cause people do stupid things at nite clubs, especially when leaving it after having a good night. Bouncer ant do much outside, unless its their car park as well. You sure u didnt dance with his missus ?

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
This is why you shouldn't drive to venues like this. Report it and see what happens, about all you can do.

OZ-18-OI

OZ-18-OI
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Exec 5 Speed & 1996 VS Commo Acclaim
yeah dude, thats pretty dogged, i had my car keyed out the front of my house, luckily enough i have security cameras that cought the bloke, went from indicator to indicator, too bad that yours was outside a night club and you dont know who it was... good luck finding who ever it was mate..!

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
sorry to hear about your car mate, but the clubs security aren't there to look after your car they are there to look after the club so no point blaming them for your

Sharoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Grandpa Spec 5.7L VX Berlina
At the local club near my house someone left their car in the car park overnight and caught the courtesy bus home rather than drink drive and someone burnt their car out in the car park. I have left my car there before thinking it would be ok because it is locked and has cameras.. but I was wrong.
Even in our local paper the police were asking for info.

My xbfs car was stolen and he found it the next day with a few bits missing and it was keyed (funny part- with his own keys) his window was broken and didnt wind up and he left his keys in the ignition as if it wouldnt be easy tempation for thieves, bright red, V8 VN...
Yet even without telling the cops about the keys it took them 6 hours to come out and then they just said theres nothing they can do and he had to organise a tow. There were clear fingerprints and even a randoms blanket left in the car.

I would report it and try and get them to review the tapes. I'm not sure how much luck you would have, but try anyway.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
outside of clubs you also get stupid holden and ford bashers likewise that do these gutless things

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
I think its just the down side to owning a nice car.Ive had damage done before to a car and although finding out who it was and getting a full respray through insurance its still a bummer.Id say it was just random being while you were out.If it was done at home or work then id say you were targeted and had upset somebody.
Hope you get the person and they are charged.

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
So as the story goes, some tool keyed my car (pretty deep, to the primer) right in front of the clubs brilliant security who didn't stop him.

Either way there is about 30 cameras pointed pretty much towards my car. So what is the legality of getting the security footage?

And thanks to the new ID scanning system they implemented up here I'll have a name in no time...

However whether the cops will do anything is a who knows.

Why do scumbags have to key a car?!?!

/rant

Sorry I'm just pissed off...
That's why I never park in front of a night club.
You also run the risk of someone denting it when there is a fight or some drunk leaving his dinner remains all over your car.
Sorry to hear that.