Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car leaning to one side( VX berlina$

Seb.v

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr acclaim, Buick s2
to put it short, I’ve hit a curb going about 30-40ks sideways, and and completely fxcked right lower control arm, cv, shocks etc.
IMG_1920.jpeg

I’ve replaced the rear kframe with a vy kframe, I’ve put in vx series 2 controls arms, and replaced springs and shocks. It now sits like this…
Left side
IMG_3342.jpeg
IMG_3343.jpeg

Right side (side that was hit)
This side is also tucking in about 10mm
Just would like to know if anyone has done this before or has any idea what the problem and if is fixable within reason.
Cheers

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
Just drive it.
I hit a "keep left" sign doing about 90km/h, which, if you're wondering, is fast enough to knock it clean over and run over the top of it. The problem lays in the lack of clearance between the flattened sign and the ridiculous number of bits beneath your car that are essential for things like keeping your wheels in alignment and your suspension working the way it's supposed to. Absolutely trashed underneath my car. Took it to Pedders and they quoted me $4K to fix it. I involuntarily did one of those little snort-laughs when he said that, then I composed myself and said "Mate, I paid $800 for this car. Do you know how many $800 cars I can buy for four grand?" (I know you're doing the math... it's 5.) Needless to say, I declined all repairs. Drove that beast of a car for five years before I killed it by blowing a head gasket, all the while with the f*cked up undercarriage. Ate through tyres like you wouldn't believe, but then I discovered that Tyrepower are only too happy to give you all the used tyres you want for free and if you know a teenager with a tyre changer like I did, it'll cost you just $5 every time you need a "new" tyre.
Five years.
Drove like a boat, but I loved my Berlina boat.
Just drive it. It will serve you well, no matter how many degrees west of roadworthy it sits.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Insure it, get it stolen, then burn it...

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You’ve probably twisted the body.