Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car locked itself with key inside.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Hi All,

Got a panicked phonecall from the Mrs today, she was up at our daughters school and left her bag in the car nearby with the key in it as she sometimes does when she's not far away. However this time, the bloody thing locked itself and she couldn't get into it, and I had to go up with my key to get into it.

I have it set on autolock so it will lock when you leave the car with the key on you. This has never happened before. The bag was in the wagon area as it normally is, and i can only put it down to the possibility that for whatever reason, the car didn't sense the key still inside it?

She's now going to take the key with her everytime she leaves it, but just wondering if this happened to anyone else, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
Hi Bud,

Thought I was the only this happens twice last week in the MY16 wagon.

Having it checked out by Holden as it is not normal and it can be easily reproduced.

Will let you know what they find or say.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
If you leave the key in the car and close the door the horn normally beeps twice. Are you getting this or have you disabled it in the Mylink config?

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
Yes I get the horn beep.

Close the drives door horn beeps open the boot get the stuff out of the boot and have a chat for say five minutes close the boot and the car is now locked.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I've disabled the beep in settings because we quite often leave the baby asleep in the car with it running (at home with the wife in the car as well) and got sick of the horn when one of us takes the keys out accidentally . This is the first time it's happened to me and I couldn't replicate it, so hopefully it's a one off. Otherwise it's off to the dealer if it keeps happening. Thanks mate :)

veezedhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sv6
I've unlocked the boot before and chucked my bag in and closed the boot with the doors still locked. It's bloody bullshit, it should recognise this and sound the horn and give you at least 10 seconds to get it back out

bradsm87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not a Commodore
I've disabled the beep in settings because we quite often leave the baby asleep in the car with it running (at home with the wife in the car as well) and got sick of the horn when one of us takes the keys out accidentally . This is the first time it's happened to me and I couldn't replicate it, so hopefully it's a one off. Otherwise it's off to the dealer if it keeps happening. Thanks mate :)

Why do you leave the car running?

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
Aircon, heater, love the noise.

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
Poor old engine, idling away...

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
check your remote is not going flat.
I left me key in the car overnight and it got very cold this time of year, so battery performance was crap.

Started car, went or drive.
Got out, left key in and it locked itseld.
My only guess was that the remote was flat and thought it left the car with me and decided to lock itself.