Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car losing power...

Fresh SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS+Turbo
Hiya Guys,

Hoping somone might have had the same problem..

If i feed on the power in 1st or 2nd it feels like it periodicaly losses power sometimes it does it if i just plant it..

Any ideas would be great!

Cheers
Luke

P.S i have a vy ss list of mods are in the my ride section (If the mods have approved it)

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
It can be many things.. Failing/failed fuel filter (released contaminants ending in blockage) . Failing fuel pump, not supplying high enough PSI to the rail. If MAF installed they to can fail and give incorrect readings.. You yourself have to start doing some testing. If you don't have all the required testing tools it may be time to visit a service technician.

note. without a link to your car's details, not many people will bother looking for it ;)

It's easy to do - example's shown here ;)

Fresh SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS+Turbo
Thanks for the reply,

I changed fuels and it now works fine. i was using E98 (Ethanol 98 octane) changed to shell v power.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
If it comes back, try turning traction control off.

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
its just a bad batch of fuel. and your pcm has dected lesser grade fuel and has dropped the spark down to low octane table (less timing) and when you switched to a better fuel quality. it goes back to high octane :)

maybe check your fuel filter as well

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
Thanks for the reply,

I changed fuels and it now works fine. i was using E98 (Ethanol 98 octane) changed to shell v power.

isnt ethanol bad for ur car? vpower FTW

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Ethanol tends to do bad things to the engine. If you can run Mobil 8000 through your car a bit [usually 3 tanks gets all the crap out]. Mobil 8000 is tried and tested as the best fuel on the market and has plenty of cleaning agents in it! I used to run vPower, swapped to Mobil 8000 and my acceleration increased. Now it's the only fuel i put in my vehicle!

Fresh SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS+Turbo
I run a servo (Freedom Fuels) And they swear black and blue that Enthanol is good for your car, even the handbook says you can run it.

As for mobil 8000 never heard of it?

Probley not here in Traralgon

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
mobil 8000 is the higher grade 98 ron as far as i know

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Ethanol tends to do bad things to the engine. If you can run Mobil 8000 through your car a bit [usually 3 tanks gets all the crap out]. Mobil 8000 is tried and tested as the best fuel on the market and has plenty of cleaning agents in it! I used to run vPower, swapped to Mobil 8000 and my acceleration increased. Now it's the only fuel i put in my vehicle!

You do know Mobil 8000 is just BP ultimate right?

Since shell have altered the vpower blend, I have gone back to it, was finding too many inconsistent batches of Ultimate/8000.