Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Maintenance

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I noticed each time I wash the VK (once a week on average) I give the tyres a spray of armor all to maintain the slick blackness and make it look respectable, however, given a day or two they look like crap.

What do you guys use to wash the car and tyre blackness?

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Just any type of tyre foam, I only really do it if I want it to look really good or if I'm taking photo's.. Other then that its not worth it cause they get too dirty too quick stupid stuff..

Apart from that I use wash and wax, I think its an armourall product, chamois clean, go over the rubbers etc with solar care stuff, dash and interior gets the same, everything else inside gets vaccuumed.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
VSUTE said:
best tyre shine is the el cheapo export tyre shine. it comes in a can with a blue lid and is about 3 bucks from supercheap. it works a treat!

I agree with that...cost nothing and you can use it over and over and makes the tyers look good, dosnt last long but it just takes a spray and all black again in a few seconds

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
You rekin? I don't mind their degreaser, but I rekin the tyre shine is total ****. I use Kitten tyre shine, it lasts for ages.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I know my brother mentioned Wet Look something or other, but I asked him last time he told me armour all.. gone through almost a whole bottle, not satisfied. I remember we bought tyre foam ages back and I don't think I liked it that much.

I'll give the supercheap stuff a go if that fails I'll experiment with foam, and I'll also get a few more suggestions. Thanks

*edit: I also use armour all on the dash etc interiour and also vacuum regularly.. Some reason there's always f**king smoke ash in the back seat, no one smokes in/near the car :mad:

Last edited: