Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car might be dodgy

bns 454

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute/79 camaro
also could be a blown exast manifold gasket or cracked header making the ticking noise

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
If you are a member of the N.R.M.A. (I think that is what they are called in NSW) Get them to do an inspection on the car before the warranty period runs out. They will give you a report of the items that need repairing under the dealers warranty.
If you are not a member, better join up quick.

BadJesse

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VT
Thanks guys, at the moment im trying to flush my radiator. Ill have to take her to a mechanic and get her checked out then on to the dealership.

])R@G()N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Seriously, take it to the dealer who sold it to you BEFORE you touch it.

They are legally obliged to fix any issues.

Yeah jump straight onto them.

I wouldn't be doing anything to your car until you get it sorted out at the dealership. (if you touch it they blame you for doing it)

If you find problems take photos of all them for proof... you might need the photos down the track if they wont validate your warranty claims.

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
Can i ask why you didn't check these things before buying the car? I'm guessing the ticking noise coming from the pipes is from a leaking exhaust, it may have a crack in the pipes or the gaskets are old and **** and leaky. Get under the car and have a listen. Or if your taking it to a mechanic make sure you mention all of the problems you currently have so you can tell them to the dealer to get them to fix the issues (hopefully). Goodluck