Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

!!Car nearly didnt start out of the blue??

slappedvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
hey guys
i stoped at the petrol station today in my vr v6 and filled it up. after i payed and went to start my car it nearly didnt start. (asif it had a flat battery) But it just turned over and started. When i got home i turned it off and started it again. It started fine this time. Any ideas what it could be? My battery is pretty crappy but i think my startor motor and alternator are orite....

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
My car does this when its warm, the starter motor gets too hot because it never had the heat shield mod, and it sits really close to the extractors. It cranks really slowly and sounds exactly like what you're going through. Its a V8 though.

Joe_222

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
If your battery is a few years old it's probably you battery if not it's probably your regulator on the alternator.

My mum's vr had an intermittent starting problem a few years ago that turned out to be the oxidation on the terminals. Would run fine but sometimes crank week and sometimes didn't quite get there.