Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

car not remembering timer for headlights

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
hi guys recently my vt calais has been stuffing up, i have it set so when i leave the car the headlights stay on for 30 seconds then turn off automatically, but in recent weeks, it seems to keep resetting itself, meaning as soon as i open door they turn off, any ideas why this would be, i keep resetting it back to 30 seconds, it lasts a few starts but normally by end of day or most the next day its reset again, any help would be great thanks guys

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
why do you want them to stay on for 30 sec any way?

helps for where i park so i can see to where i have to walk, plus its a calais feature so not really a matter of whether i want it or not, its a feature so it should work :)

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
hi guys recently my vt calais has been stuffing up, i have it set so when i leave the car the headlights stay on for 30 seconds then turn off automatically, but in recent weeks, it seems to keep resetting itself, meaning as soon as i open door they turn off, any ideas why this would be, i keep resetting it back to 30 seconds, it lasts a few starts but normally by end of day or most the next day its reset again, any help would be great thanks guys

Id try disconnecting the battery for an hour or so,this will reset the BCM (Body Control Module) which controls the timer for the headlights etc.Hopefully when its reset,you can then set it back to 30 seconds delay,and it will work ok again.If that does nothing,holden can do a diagnostic check on the BCM with a tech 2 scantool ,this should show up any problems it may have.If still no different,then Id look at replacing the BCM.If you decide to get a second hand BCM fitted,you will also need to have the matching ignition keyfob from the same car the BCM comes from,and they will need to come from another calais.You just have to swap the plastic key fob over to your ignition key,theres 2 screws that hold it to the metal part.The BCM and the ignition keyfob have to have matching security codes for the immobiliser.Otherwise the immobiliser will not disarm to allow the car to start..You will also need to get the BCM "linked" to the ECU (Electronic Control Unit),you will need to see holden who do this using a tech 2 scantool.

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok thanks brett i will try the battery method now. cheers

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
helps for where i park so i can see to where i have to walk, plus its a calais feature so not really a matter of whether i want it or not, its a feature so it should work :)

fair call then

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
just an update, what you said Brett_jjj worked, thankyou very much

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Ive got the same problem after a BCM swap. My old BCM would switch them off when the door was opened. The new one doesn't switch them off at all, it's a HI series BCM with a newer part number. Everything else runs fine. I tried setting the time for off but it wouldn't finish the set process and just turned off all the cluster lighting and beeped. :S