Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car polish question

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
Well i have got myself a Landcruiser for a little fun but i want to clean up the paint on it.It has been in the weather for over 3 yrs and it has some oxidising on the paint surface.Its a mid blue colour.Washing takes off 80% or the white junk but i want to get it looking better.Id prefer some advice on a hand polish as i havnt got a buff.
Anyhelp would be great.

Attachments

• My Bundy.jpg
    My Bundy.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 207

jphanna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
nothing wrong with hand polish. this EA has factory paint apart form bootlid. never been buffed by machine.

i been told not to use cloths though...use microfibre.

Attachments

• Picture 021shrink.jpg
    Picture 021shrink.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 261

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
The EA looks nice and shiny there mate,what product did you use?I want to get this crap off.

jphanna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA
mate i dont want to put any noses out of place so please consult with SCOOTER 79 who has put a detailing article in this forum. he will give you correct advice for your vehicle as my EA has never oxidised. what was good for me, may no be good for your vehicle, which has been exposed to UV and elements more than my EA.

i used 'MERGUIRS, WET LOOK' on my car. i never used a buffer, all by hand.

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
mate i dont want to put any noses out of place so please consult with SCOOTER 79 who has put a detailing article in this forum. he will give you correct advice for your vehicle as my EA has never oxidised. what was good for me, may no be good for your vehicle, which has been exposed to UV and elements more than my EA.

i used 'MERGUIRS, WET LOOK' on my car. i never used a buffer, all by hand.

Thanks for that,i thought there was something like that in here but couldnt find it.Will look again.:thumbsup: