Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

car problems

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
well guys i was taken my car for a bit of a cruise las night. I jus pulled out of the driveway and because this car has a auto transmission i tryed to change it from reverse to drive. it wld not click into gear. i was sittin there for about 15mins muken around with it b4 it decided to work. any ideas what could have caused this i am starten to worry i have owned 2 other cars with auto trans and this has never happened. the automatic trans and the engine have jus been rebuit so it is strange that it is stuffen up.

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
Have you checked the fluid?

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah i checked it when it was cold and it was full. but when i let it idle for a while then check it when its hot it says i have no fluid at all?

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
Fill it immediately. Must be checked when hot and running. That would b your problem. Check if its leaking anywhere- most likely through the sump pan

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanx mate sh*t hope i have not done any damage

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
You'll be right. Their pretty tough

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
one more question my trasmission has a stage two shift kit and a 3000 stall converter. since it is not standard anymore is there a better fluid i use for this or it does not matter what i use?

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
The best?

I can say without a doubt- PM Lubricants. It's proven to lower running temperatures, further resist foaming and actually gives slightly more power as it doesnt thin out as much when hot.

And it lasts a hell of a lot longer than normal fluid- after say 50 000k's send a sample to them, get a test (for free) and if all is well she should last another 50 at least. Their tranny fluids are being used in drag cars- and the auto's are lasting exceptionally well.

Give them a call- (07) 3274 3788 or email [email protected] They have all the information you need to make sure you make the right decision

Hope this helps

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
No worries champ, they've helped me a lot so I'm only happy to pass it on