Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

car pulls wen powering on and off

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
hey guys n girls. had a look but cant seem to find anything. i have a vp calais has irs, its got superlows in the rear with a toe kit, havent had any probs with it. i noticed the other day when accellerating it would get a bit of a wobble or wander happen every so often wen accelerating. yesterday i changed front n rear shocks, front ball joints and tie rod ends, took it in today n got it aligned i left and wen i put my foot down it seem to push to the right n wen i let it off it violently pulls left.

i took it back n they put it on the hoist again they "re did" it and said that i needed to get the rear arms flared or bent coz its so low to accommodate the height blah blah blah, i asked y it was affecting the steering so much not just the back of the car pushing out, his reply was because it the thrust line of the car, i payed for a 4 wheel thrust alignment n this is wot i get.

im not an idiot its not the rear, id just like to know if anyone has experienced this before, i assume its the dodgy front springs that i only just found were chopped or the strut tops, or ive damaged the ball joints putting them in. any help would be great.

cheers

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
You could have a cracked subframe in the rear. quite common even if you 'think' its fine. While its up on a hoist or on ramps, feel around on top of the subframe (where the diff bolts up). under load the flex can send rear alignment all over the shop.

the other possibility... are your tyres all the same tread depth/ pressure/ size? on my car i had one wheel with a brand new tyre, the other side with a 75% tread tyre and it would do the same. changed the new one to the front and it fixed it.

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
all tires are good tread n matching all round. sub frame isnt cracked that i could see or feel, im thinkin i may have damaged the ball joint wen i put them in, ill be ringing pedders 2moro to ask there opinion

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
rang the guys at pedders they just had a new ford in with the same trouble sumfin loose or damaged in the rear, its going over there pit monday arvo to see wots up n book it to be fixed n maybe even a camber kit while there at it

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
Yea. ive driven a BA XT that would steer itself when it squatted under load. felt really bad

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
turned out to be a heavily damaged sub frame, and also my supposidly "split toe adjustment bush" wasnt even there.

so new sub frame camber n toe kit and full alignment are on the cards for late next week

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
cars all fixed now

new subframe and camber n toe kits, drives like a dream now